Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Feb 26, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #436 of 10,062
Hi,
Well, if you are looking at some tube introduction, you should put definitely a glance at garage1217.com

Feb 27, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #437 of 10,062
Hi all

Here is a new testimony interesting, although a bit short of a french "forumer" (Skywalkerciel) having heard just recently the Odin, the Dharma D1000 and the HE-1000, on an amplifier "ultimate" that he just bought for his Abyss: Viva Egoista 845 amp.

Link (in french): http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/...e-best-t30060926-630.html#l2tk5pw5fuTAPQDL.99

and translation of the link (in english):

" New listening, this afternoon of the "best of the best" at the shop Casques&Headphones, with Pierre, in the company of the Nuwave DSD audio PS in a first time then a final with the Viva numérico.

I was also able to test, with a little more thorough way, three headphones that really, despite different signatures, are worth visiting, namely the Dharma D 1000, the Hifiman HE 1000 and the inescapable Odin.

Compared to my personal taste I loved these three headphones for their characters certainly very different, but so much music. In order of preference it is Odin who won the award without any doubts on all plans.
Marriage with Viva 845 actually what is it "better" for me at the moment just after the Abyss for the reasons already outlined here.
The performance level of listening and musical enjoyment are exceptional with this set which becomes truly "outstanding". If I had to have two at home and well the Odin and the Abyss would undoubtedly be.

The pleasant surprise of the afternoon came for me to listen to the Dharma and HE 1000. Really excellent and very pleasant to listen to headphones but my preference in the end go to the Dharma D 1000 for reasons of superior dynamics and better vivacity for my taste.

To summarize, an afternoon of dream in a still also convivial and friendly atmosphere. "

And also:

" Odin remains the extraordinary challenger from the Abyss, and with the viva 845 amp, it reached really sumptuous summits.
For someone who has a tight budget and taking into account the difference in price with the Abyss, and especially in relation to its qualities, the Odin is really the best headphones of the moment. "

Read more at http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/...e-best-t30060926-630.html#hcE0g3dkXsYASVxA.99

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #438 of 10,062
Hi all
Here are some photos of the stand Kennerton (retouched to make brighter) found on Head-fi during the last Singapore CanJam
You can see the details of the all-new driver Kennerton Vali.
No specific comments made so far.

Kennerton Odin (an high-end planar headphone at the top (challenger from the Abyss), so well put in work (if well burn-in, with a good source and especially a very good amplifier).

New Kennerton Vali (electrodynamic headphone with micro-perforated pads (such as those of K. Odin))

K. Vali. Driver

K. Vali. Driver (detail)

Feb 28, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #440 of 10,062
  Some describe the LCD3 as boxy and veiled (which is NOT bad, it is matter of taste), is this applicable on the odin. 

Compared to LCD3 and SR-007 (that I know well), Odin is not veiled or muffled in the frequency response in the high-midrange; It may just be noted a dip at the frequency 6.3 kHz, which according Tyll (*) (on Innerfidelity) is rather beneficial to reduce sibilance of the female voices, and a slight reduction in the treble, providing a listening at once sweet, fine, accurate and non-tiring over time.
The timbre of the cymbals are very well reproduced, as well as that of the guitar, but with a certain softness and distinction.

(*) " and a dip around 5-7 kHz is sometimes seen as advantageous in removing piercing sibilance "
Read more at http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/meze-99-classics-very-fun-very-tasty-measurements#7fj0c8fs16OkZILR.99 

For comparison: here the "official" FR of the K. Odin

and mine:

Feb 28, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #441 of 10,062
Do you know if there are any plans to send Odin to Tyll for a review?

Quote:

Compared to LCD3 and SR-007 (that I know well), Odin is not veiled or muffled in the frequency response in the high-midrange; It may just be noted a dip at the frequency 6.3 kHz, which according Tyll (*) (on Innerfidelity) is rather beneficial to reduce sibilance of the female voices, and a slight reduction in the treble, providing a listening at once sweet, fine, accurate and non-tiring over time.
The timbre of the cymbals are very well reproduced, as well as that of the guitar, but with a certain softness and distinction.

(*) " and a dip around 5-7 kHz is sometimes seen as advantageous in removing piercing sibilance "
Read more at http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/meze-99-classics-very-fun-very-tasty-measurements#7fj0c8fs16OkZILR.99 

For comparison: here the "official" FR of the K. Odin

and mine:

Feb 28, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #442 of 10,062

Ask this question directly at the Kennerton Team on this thread (*) ; personally, I have no idea.

I think this might be a headphone that should be able to please him, but I'm not Tyll !
wink.gif

PS : (*) link : http://www.head-fi.org/t/732814/new...es-amps-from-fischer-at-ifa/105#post_11820840

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #445 of 10,062
  Some describe the LCD3 as boxy and veiled (which is NOT bad, it is matter of taste), is this applicable on the odin. 

I would not call LCD-3 "boxy", I don't find fazors LCD-3 "veiled" (depends on headphones cable btw) and anyway Odins - one more step fare from one can call "veiled". Not so ultimately "clear" as Abysses, but "crearer" than HE-6.

Feb 28, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #446 of 10,062
I would not call LCD-3 "boxy", I don't find fazors LCD-3 "veiled" (depends on headphones cable btw) and anyway Odins - one more step far from one can call "veiled". Not so ultimately "clear" as Abysses, but "clearer" than HE-6.

Indeed.
Odin is both more detailed and transparent than the HE-6, but also sweeter in the treble, with less "verdeur" (less vigor and greenness) in the high-midrange, according what dub reported in his review: Odin Vs HE-6.
I quote (after translation) " On transparency, resolution and level of detail, and readability in low (bass), Odin must give some points at the HE-6 if we want to put them to equality both - or I am much mistaken ... "
Read more at http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/...inside-t30059943-600.html#Hm10lXjBxMTzitMB.99

and another quote: " The general impression by passing HE-6 to Odin, which is even more pronounced when the comparison again in the other direction is that going to of " is very good " to "this is excellent; we seem to be there" and there is a kind of "class" in general restitution with Kennerton, who does appear the HE-6 as less fine and simplifier (in comparison). One (the HE-6) is a little brutal, full of dynamism and "verdeur" (vigor and greenness); the other (the Odin) is a wise old man, full of tact and subtlety. "
Read more at http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/...inside-t30059943-600.html#Hm10lXjBxMTzitMB.99

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #447 of 10,062
Great posts and updates as usual Eric.

The Vali is beautiful, Kennerton's designs are exactly to my preference and they are what drawn me to the Odin in the first place (still eagerly awaiting some clarification from their support before I can order mine). The 2Qute and Pathos I ordered should be arriving within the first half of this upcoming week so I'm looking forward to that (thanks again to all you 3 that helped!), they will be a little overkill to the headphones I currently own but I'm definitely not going to be complaining. 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
  Hi,
Well, if you are looking at some tube introduction, you should put definitely a glance at garage1217.com

Hi again,

Fantastic read so far, many thanks for showing me that website, been on it for a while now and it's super interesting.

Mar 1, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #449 of 10,062
Last edited:
Mar 1, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #450 of 10,062

Users who are viewing this thread

Back