Keep my m11+ or buy the refurb ie6? Help a noob out
Sep 13, 2010 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Icy56

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, this is my first post on head-fi but I have been looking around here for a while now. So i need help deciding if I should keep the m11p+ that I just ordered from meelec or should I sell them to a friend and use that money to order the refurb ie6s on amazon. Im worried about if the ie6s have good build quality like the m11+ or are they really fragile like other iems. Build quality is a big factor for me because I have gone through soo many iems in the past year and I dont want to spend any more on something will easily break. And hows the sound quality of the m11+ compared to the ie6? Thanks!!!

Sep 13, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #2 of 5
anyone?

Sep 13, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #3 of 5
I just went through the same issue over the past couple of weeks.. I loved the fit of the m11+ but the sound was a little too bassy for me. It sounded muddy to my ears, I'm not a good reviewer but I wasn't a fan of the sound. The bass was overpowering the highs and the mids. I ordered the ie6 and they are much cleaner sounding, I don't feel like I'm distracted by a certain part of the music that's trying to force it's way to the front. The build quality is on par or better than the m11.

The ie6 are perfect for me right now. My wife likes the sound signature of the m11 so they are hers now. Honestly, I say try the m11+ and keep them if you like them, no one here can tell you what will sound good to you. I was on the verge of buying some higher end isms but decided for the amount I use them I'd rather spend $50 instead of $400, as far as my ears are concerned they sound good enough for listening on a plane or sitting outside.

Sep 14, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the reply, i will definitely try out the m11+ before selling them. ill probably end up selling them because i already have the m6 which is supposed to have a similar sound signature. I was a little iffy on if I should get the ie6s because there aren't much comments about its build quality but now with your comment i am more likely to get them.

Quote:
I just went through the same issue over the past couple of weeks.. I loved the fit of the m11+ but the sound was a little too bassy for me. It sounded muddy to my ears, I'm not a good reviewer but I wasn't a fan of the sound. The bass was overpowering the highs and the mids. I ordered the ie6 and they are much cleaner sounding, I don't feel like I'm distracted by a certain part of the music that's trying to force it's way to the front. The build quality is on par or better than the m11.

The ie6 are perfect for me right now. My wife likes the sound signature of the m11 so they are hers now. Honestly, I say try the m11+ and keep them if you like them, no one here can tell you what will sound good to you. I was on the verge of buying some higher end isms but decided for the amount I use them I'd rather spend $50 instead of $400, as far as my ears are concerned they sound good enough for listening on a plane or sitting outside.

Sep 14, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #5 of 5
I think the general consensus is the m6 are as good as the m11s, soundwise.  I haven't heard either, though, so I am not the most qualified.  I am very happy with my m9s, and at $20 I consider them semi disposable.  I have used them for about 3 months while mowing, biking, and generally doing things that might not be healthy for them and haven't had any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back