Keep my Colorfly or get a Fiio X3?
Nov 17, 2013 at 9:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Onix

Papá de Iñaki
I am either getting some new headphones for my Colorfly C3, probably some Sennheiser or Sony, but for the same price I can get a Fiio X3. I am a listener of metal, classic and jazz and like a bass heavy but balanced sound and was wondering if the Fiio X3 can give me that. I am currently using some Sony XBA 2 with the Colorfly but on some songs the bass is not as present as I like. I know it's more of a music production issue than the players fault, but I am still curious to see if I can get something better with the Fiio player. What would you guys do? Get a better set of cans or the X3? Thanks.

Nov 18, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #2 of 6
Well, ultimately buying better IEMs is the best option, you'll always get higher increase, something like GR07 MK2 do metal and rock really well, good speed, nice guitar crunch and within your budget. I've owned XBA3, while they we're decent I didn't feel they did rock and metal much justice. I'm also going to suggest spending $100 on C&C BH amp and create what's well known on the forums as the C3/BH combo, which has a bass boost and takes C3 to a new level of fun with the added soundstage, clarity and bass impact.

Because I haven't heard x3 it's hard for me speak about. But for your genres with what I've heard, I would pick up GR07 MK2 and add BH amp to your C3, thats a fairly decent pairing imo and upgrading both your source and IEM in one go. That's what I'd do personally, but look into upgrading away from those Sony, you'll get the most improvements.

Nov 20, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks H20. Your opinion is always helpful. The problem is that in México I can get locally only the BK amp, which as far as I know is sort of the little brother of the BH, with less quality components. I can also get the Fiio amps, but I haven't seen many combinations with the C3, so I don't know if they could be an alternative for me. What do you think? Thanks.

Nov 21, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #4 of 6
  Thanks H20. Your opinion is always helpful. The problem is that in México I can get locally only the BK amp, which as far as I know is sort of the little brother of the BH, with less quality components. I can also get the Fiio amps, but I haven't seen many combinations with the C3, so I don't know if they could be an alternative for me. What do you think? Thanks.

Can you not purchase through Pollychen who have worldwide shipping?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261172737290?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Also about those GR07 MK2, keep an eye out on our boards for a pair, as they turn up all the time. I found one here, maybe if you ask really nicely he will ship to Mexico? lol You can try but keep an eye out.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/689907/vsonic-gr07mkii-free-ship

I think go for the BH amp because it's proven with C3. :)

Nov 25, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #6 of 6
Well, I decided to keep the C3 and get the C&C amp for Xmas. But tomorrow I am getting a Sennheiser Momentum. I have some money and I want to try that beautiful set of cans. Thanks for all the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back