Katie Melua Appreciation Thread
Dec 11, 2005 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Patu

Headphoneus Supremus
I've listened to her two albums (Call Off the Search and Piece by Piece) over and over again and I just have to wonder how can such a young singer be so talented. It's just sweet music to my ears through my 650s. I really love this artist.

I hope her career continues for a long long time and we can hear her beautiful voice on many new albums in future.

What do you think?

Dec 12, 2005 at 5:27 PM Post #2 of 15
So am I the only one who likes this artist?

Dec 12, 2005 at 5:29 PM Post #3 of 15
no, I like her too
biggrin.gif

I don't have her latest album but I have Call Off The Search and it's pretty good.

Dec 12, 2005 at 5:56 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
no, I like her too
biggrin.gif

I don't have her latest album but I have Call Off The Search and it's pretty good.

I actually like the new album better but Call Off The Search is great also.

Dec 12, 2005 at 6:00 PM Post #5 of 15
Here is another guy that enjoys both of her albums. The writing is truly exceptional......but beyond the very high quality of her writing, she is young, and was born/raised in Soviet Georgia rather than in England. Found the website for her that includes a prettygood bio. http://www.katiemelua.com/. It is a shame that here in the US (where garbage "music" is now rampant") you would be hard-pressed to find many people who know much of her (or the late Eva Cassidy)..........for those off us who, when ripping cd for MP3 players etc., do not copy all the songs.......an exception is with Melua - .......there is not a single poor song or performance........I've played several of them time and time again.

Dec 12, 2005 at 6:01 PM Post #6 of 15
Love Katie Melua's first album, but I auditioned the second in the shop, nothing grabbed my attention anywhere as quickly as her 'Call of the Search' (the track) did; I literally bought the album as soon as I heard the song on tv.

Any recommendations from the second CD?

Overlunge

Dec 12, 2005 at 7:00 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by overlunge
Any recommendations from the second CD?

Well the best three tracks imo. are Shy Boy, Piece by Piece and Thankyou, Stars.

Those last two are so very beautiful tracks. The first one has nice rhythm.

Usually I just play Melua's albums from beginning to end.

Dec 12, 2005 at 7:45 PM Post #9 of 15
After watching her like more than a year ago perform seemingly as a nobody on the Late Late Show with (then) Craig Kilborn, I was hooked for sure. The song was The Closest Thing To Crazy, btw.

She's great.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 5, 2006 at 9:43 AM Post #14 of 15
I recently discovered her as well, she's great. So talented, I hope her only the best. My Favorite track is Nine Million Bicycles.

Jan 5, 2006 at 1:24 PM Post #15 of 15
Now for some reason I ordered the Nine Million Bicycles single CD, and I hate it. Terrible.
eek.gif
Now I'm pretty
confused.gif
since I liked all samples I heard... guess I have to order more CDs...
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back