KAEI TAP-1 Portable Hybrid Balance Headphone Amp
Jun 30, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #62 of 337
So far I like how the tube sounds... really relax vocal and smooth treble (yes there is treble)...
Not Thumping Bass etc...
Pair with VO, really synergy for my taste....

20210630_191346.jpg

Jun 30, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #63 of 337
So far I like how the tube sounds... really relax vocal and smooth treble (yes there is treble)...
Not Thumping Bass etc...
Pair with VO, really synergy for my taste....

20210630_191346.jpg
I assumed its more detail on SS mode then tube mode? Same soundstage on both modes?

Jun 30, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #64 of 337
I assumed its more detail on SS mode then tube mode? Same soundstage on both modes?
Yes u get it right... More detail and wider soundstage on SS.
on tube can consider intimate, yet no overlay sounds, the separations still there. Better vocal will be the high light

tbh SS sounds regular or ordinary for me... well it supposed to be like MUSE02 sounding, dont get me wrong, its great, but not something WOW for me.
the Tube is different story.. well probably I am just in for the tonality then the technicality .. IMO

btw, PSU is a must for me.. using TAP-1 without it.. better I used DX300 alone..

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #65 of 337
Yes u get it right... More detail and wider soundstage on SS.
on tube can consider intimate, yet no overlay sounds, the separations still there. Better vocal will be the high light

tbh SS sounds regular or ordinary for me... well it supposed to be like MUSE02 sounding, dont get me wrong, its great, but not something WOW for me.
the Tube is different story.. well probably I am just in for the tonality then the technicality .. IMO

btw, PSU is a must for me.. using TAP-1 without it.. better I used DX300 alone..
Does tube mode bypass the opamps too? If so, sounds like you need to roll opamps for SS mode to your liking.

Jun 30, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #67 of 337
Jul 1, 2021 at 12:00 AM Post #70 of 337
Hmm.. good questions... Franky speaking I also dunno.
I think only way to test out is having the opamps rolled. If the tube mode retain the same signature from rolling then its different.

Jul 1, 2021 at 12:49 AM Post #71 of 337
I think only way to test out is having the opamps rolled. If the tube mode retain the same signature from rolling then its different.

Simple way is to remove the MUSE opamp, check if the tube still make a sound.. Although there's slight risk of doing this..

Jul 1, 2021 at 12:50 AM Post #72 of 337
Simple way is to remove the MUSE opamp, check if the tube still make a sound.. Although there's slight risk of doing this..
🤣I thought of that, not taking the risk!

Jul 1, 2021 at 1:12 AM Post #73 of 337
🤣I thought of that, not taking the risk!
Well valid point.. anyway, I like the tube sounding.. so probably just enjoy that..

Since it was for my Headphone, so it will be stationer next to my desktop set up..

hahahah.... but I am looking forward to know the fact..

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021 at 1:16 AM Post #74 of 337
Well valid point.. anyway, I like the tube sounding.. so probably just enjoy that..

Since it was for my Headphone, so it will stationer next to my desktop set up..

hahahah.... but I am looking forward to know the fact..
Ok, i bought 2 X Oracle ll opamps intended for Xduoo XD05Bal, i will roll them both in TAP-1 instead and hear the outcome.☺️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back