[KA3/KA13] FIIO X JADEAUDIO USB DAC DONGLE
Oct 27, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #61 of 899
Just did a quick comparison between KA3, Lotoo PAW S1 and L&P W2 as all three come with 3.5mm and 4,4mm output. KA3 is not quite as good as W2 but it is not that far behind either. Definitely prefer it over S1 which is kind of incredible considered S1 costed almost double of KA3. The only upside for S1 is perhaps its EQ system, though I prefer vanilla myself and so it doesn't really applied.

Hello, how would you describe the sound character in terms of scenery, depth? thanks

Oct 27, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #62 of 899
Just did a quick comparison between KA3, Lotoo PAW S1 and L&P W2 as all three come with 3.5mm and 4,4mm output. KA3 is not quite as good as W2 but it is not that far behind either. Definitely prefer it over S1 which is kind of incredible considered S1 costed almost double of KA3. The only upside for S1 is perhaps its EQ system, though I prefer vanilla myself and so it doesn't really applied.
Just what I needed to hear.

@Jade Audio the Aliexpress link no longer shows the discount. Did I miss the window? If so, can Head-fiers get a second chance?

Oct 27, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #63 of 899
You can be a little more specific friend, I'm curious as I bought it blind

Hello, how would you describe the sound character in terms of scenery, depth? thanks

Overall sound signature is on the clean and neutral side of things, with a well placed soundstage no less. Pretty good power output and control as well. The included Type-C cable is decent but a bit slippery on the metal finishing. The Type-C port on KA3 itself is a bit tight, though that might actually be a good thing for USB dongle in the long run.

Oct 27, 2021 at 8:43 PM Post #64 of 899
La firma de sonido general está en el lado limpio y neutral de las cosas, con un escenario de sonido bien ubicado nada menos. Muy buena potencia de salida y control también. El cable tipo C incluido es decente pero un poco resbaladizo en el acabado metálico. El puerto Type-C en KA3 en sí es un poco estrecho, aunque eso podría ser algo bueno para el dongle USB a largo plazo ok very interesting I bought it having faith in it but apparently it was worth it hey friend and which of the three dongles mentioned above has better technical capabilities

Oct 27, 2021 at 9:38 PM Post #65 of 899
...ok very interesting I bought it having faith in it but apparently it was worth it hey friend and which of the three dongles mentioned above has better technical capabilities
W2 will be technically the best of the three, but also the most expensive. KA3 will be a decent 2nd, followed by S1.

Oct 27, 2021 at 11:32 PM Post #67 of 899
ook thank you very much for answering my questions. one last please is the balanced output really good?
On KA3? Both single ended and balanced output are pretty good.

Oct 28, 2021 at 12:46 AM Post #69 of 899
@FiiO

Something not mentioned in the original posts but instead on your website is that we can't adjust any settings on the KA3 except if we're on an Android device. So, the KA3 is basically useless for PC and iOS users.

1635396361622.png

Oct 28, 2021 at 12:54 AM Post #70 of 899
@FiiO

Something not mentioned in the original posts but instead on your website is that we can't adjust any settings on the KA3 except if we're on an Android device. So, the KA3 is basically useless for PC and iOS users.

Saying it is useless for PC / iOS is probably a bit exaggerated. Many USB DAC dongles do not allow for any fine tuning either and people use them on PC / iOS just fine.

Oct 28, 2021 at 6:00 AM Post #73 of 899
KA3 is on the way to our worldwide sales agents!

5055013.jpg

Dear respected customers,

Thank you for your kind patience and constant attention for our KA3. Delivery of the KA3 has started from 28th, October. Please kindly check this post for a daily updated list of countries / regions and agents we have sent goods to.

Thailand: Holysai

HongKong: Carve Link Company

TaiWan: Taiwan distributor

Australia: Addicted To Audio

Switzerland: Portacomp AG

New Zealand: Sound Essentials

Czekh : GOTHIC

Vietnam: Audio Choice

Ukraine: TOV “ELTO

(* The shipping to other regions will also follow soon, and we will keep updating this post)

In order to get prompt pre-sales and after-sales service, we strongly suggest you to buy FiiO products from our authorized sales agents (Where to buy).

By our estimate, it would take 8 to 12 working days for the parcels to reach our agents abroad, which means all of you can try contacting the local sales agents on about 6th November.

If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact us or directly contact our local agents.

Happy listening!

Best regards,
FiiO Electronics Technology Co., Ltd.

Oct 28, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #74 of 899
@FiiO

The channel balance of a device can be adjusted in the Windows or iOS sound settings. As for the filters, I assume the settings are persistent, so they can be set in Android, and used with Windows/iOS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back