K81s: Lost my isolation
Apr 21, 2007 at 3:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Gautama

1000+ Head-Fier
It appears my head has balanced out the clamp over time, I'd say due to this I've lost about 40-50% of my isolation. I want it back. Ive tried bending the headband, but I don't know which way to bend them to get that clamp back, assistance?

Apr 21, 2007 at 3:43 PM Post #3 of 6
you can get a new k518 now
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 21, 2007 at 4:07 PM Post #4 of 6
Bending the headband inwards is about the only thing I can think of, but just be careful not to push it too hard or else it might snap.

Apr 21, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bending the headband inwards is about the only thing I can think of, but just be careful not to push it too hard or else it might snap.

Thats what I'm afraid of
rolleyes.gif

Apr 21, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gautama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats what I'm afraid of
rolleyes.gif

Well, the thing is, your headband already wants to curve inwards because it was designed to do so, even if you stretched it out over time it will still hold its shape. So, there's not as much risk of snapping as there would be if you were trying to bend the headband outwards.

Take, for example, a prong on an electrical plug. If it arrived to you bent a bit to the right, you could always bend it more in that direction, to some extent, without it breaking. Try and bend it to the left, however, and the weakness at the base of the prong would cause it to snap off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back