k518DJ/k81DJ cable type?
Jan 19, 2008 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Captain ?degard

Member of the Trade
There's prob a thread with this info somewhere but until someone fixes the search function I'm not spending 3 hours looking for it.

Just ordered the k518DJ, and since it has a three mile long cable, I'm going to slap an angled neutrik plug on it first thing i do. My question is, what kind of cable is it? Insulated or painted, if painted, retard-paint that doesnt burn away or solder friendly paint?

Jan 20, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #2 of 3
It's the kind you can burn away with a lighter. Atleast, that's how I did the original cable. Worked flawless, but I got the urge for a completely new cable, so I decided to upgrade that part. Gives it a bit more detail on the mid's and highs.

Jan 20, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's the kind you can burn away with a lighter. Atleast, that's how I did the original cable. Worked flawless, but I got the urge for a completely new cable, so I decided to upgrade that part. Gives it a bit more detail on the mid's and highs.

Same type as the DT231 then. That paint melts fine just by holding the sodlering iron with some solder on it on the cable ^^ crap like the porta pro, on the other hand....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back