K340 KT88 mod guide :)
May 22, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #181 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
semi off topic but has anyone talked to Frank Rodriguez from AKG lately?

I exchanged a few emails with him today, and talked to him on the phone about half an hour ago.

May 22, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #182 of 236
Well, I just spent 24 minutes on the phone with michael, who frank transferred me to.

They accidentally charged me $24 for a K240 lid. And then didn't ship it, of course.

At this point it sounds like the order is ironed out, and maybe, just maybe, I'll receive the center-tapped screw i need for my k240 some time in june.

May 22, 2007 at 10:56 PM Post #183 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I just spent 24 minutes on the phone with michael, who frank transferred me to.

They accidentally charged me $24 for a K240 lid. And then didn't ship it, of course.

At this point it sounds like the order is ironed out, and maybe, just maybe, I'll receive the center-tapped screw i need for my k240 some time in june.

Whoever did that mistake deserves a good slap upside the head.
redface.gif

You're still welcome to one of my brass K240 screws though.

Now I have to find a contact at Beyerdynamic to deal with for parts so I can hopefully get a DT931 driver. I was modding my AKG headphone amp and was using the DT931 as a test phone (since I didn't want to lose an AKG if I screwed up), and accidentally put DC on the right channel, taking out that driver. Open winding somewhere in the voice coil (I took the diaphragm off and tested the wires as close as 0.5cm from the actual coil).
mad.gif

May 22, 2007 at 11:07 PM Post #184 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
redface.gif

Now I have to find a contact at Beyerdynamic to deal with for parts so I can hopefully get a DT931 driver. I was modding my AKG headphone amp and was using the DT931 as a test phone (since I didn't want to lose an AKG if I screwed up), and accidentally put DC on the right channel, taking out that driver. Open winding somewhere in the voice coil (I took the diaphragm off and tested the wires as close as 0.5cm from the actual coil).
mad.gif

blink.gif
blink.gif
All I can say is thank heaven it wasn't an AKG! That would have been a real tradgedy.
wink.gif

May 22, 2007 at 11:13 PM Post #185 of 236
Quote:

redface.gif

When i was on the phone with Frank a couple weeks ago giving him my billing information, he said they were in the midst of upgrading their inventory software. But they still should have checked it.

And someone did actually print out a packing list including about half of my order, and then scribbled out the items they weren't shipping with it. And these were not items that are back-ordered, at least not right now. So, there's a bit of a What moment.

I honestly don't remember if i was quoted a price for the brass K240 screw. Maybe i should take you up on it. I'm not convinced that I'll get the right part from them.

Quote:

mad.gif

iirc the service guy is Michael at beyerdynamic USA, and he has an assistant since i last talked to him. The phone number is floating around here somewhere.

Edit: 1-800-293-4463

By the way, does the DT-931 driver look like this?:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showpo...7&postcount=41

I'm still wondering what beyer those drivers actually came from.

May 23, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #186 of 236
Got my pads that have been on order for almost three months in today and they are the wrong part!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two pairs, item # 2955Z26010. These are not even close. Hopefully Frank will answer the phone tomorrow.........

May 23, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #187 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnsonad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got my pads that have been on order for almost three months in today and they are the wrong part!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two pairs, item # 2955Z26010. These are not even close. Hopefully Frank will answer the phone tomorrow.........

You always have the option of sending the wrong pads back, asking for a full refund, and buying a set from Anatoli.
I bought some tubes from him a while back, and he shipped them very fast, and was a pleasure to deal with.
I'm in for 2 pair. I'm tired of Frank's poor customer service and endless excuses.

May 23, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #189 of 236
If I spoke my mind to AKG right now flames would shoot out of my mouth. I've been trying to get pads for friends for over 6 months. Not only do I look like an idiot, but some of them (Canada) have no other options...until now anyway.

May 23, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #190 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif
All I can say is thank heaven it wasn't an AKG! That would have been a real tradgedy.
wink.gif

That is why I was smart and used the Beyerdynamic while testing things. Since I never listen to it, it is ok if it is out of commission for a few weeks. Maybe I'll hang the dead driver up near my system as a warning to any non-AKG headphones that come near it. I could make some dreamcatcher looking thing out of the diaphragm and some wire.

Quote:

When i was on the phone with Frank a couple weeks ago giving him my billing information, he said they were in the midst of upgrading their inventory software. But they still should have checked it.

Hmm, maybe that is why he kept putting an extra zero on the part numbers I gave him when we were emailing back and forth.

Quote:

By the way, does the DT-931 driver look like this?:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showpo...7&postcount=41

I'm still wondering what beyer those drivers actually came from.

That reminds me of the driver in the DT801 I used to have, so maybe a DT801/DT901 driver? The difference is the metal plate on the back, on the DT801 it had those notches around it, but on the DT931 it is solid except for the middle hole. The rest of it is the same though.

Quote:

If I spoke my mind to AKG right now flames would shoot out of my mouth. I've been trying to get pads for friends for over 6 months. Not only do I look like an idiot, but some of them (Canada) have no other options...until now anyway.

What's so weird/annoying about it is that other people have been able to order and receive the pads since those 6 months.

May 23, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #191 of 236
Quote:

That reminds me of the driver in the DT801 I used to have, so maybe a DT801/DT901 driver? The difference is the metal plate on the back, on the DT801 it had those notches around it, but on the DT931 it is solid except for the middle hole. The rest of it is the same though.

Curious.

I used to own a DT-901, briefly, but something about it just didn't feel right, and when i occasionally hit upon a source / recording combination that sounded good on it, it didn't sound better than any of my other good 'phones.

My brother's wife was studying for her degree in piano performance, practicing on a very nice yamaha digital piano, and after the 2nd time my nephew ripped the cord out of their one pair of headphones - Koss UR-29 - I said "Hey, I have these cans that don't fit into my collection, anywhere . . . . "

They love 'em and it was a good investment - her graduate recital was phenominal and the youngin can't destroy them. I don't think I'm getting them back. I'm ok with that.

But now I'm curious, and i can't figure out how to explain that i just want to open them up and take pictures and then give them back. I mean without sounding like more of a nut than they must already think i am.

So, uh, back on topic, Michael (at AKG) tells me that K340 elastics are backordered until the 1st week of june. What's up with that?!

May 23, 2007 at 1:54 PM Post #193 of 236
Man, the quest for pads. Poor Micah!

May 23, 2007 at 2:42 PM Post #194 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, the quest for pads. Poor Micah!

I think Micah will finally be in luck. I've ordered 2 pairs from KT88. If Micah doesn't order any from him, and I end up liking them, he can have my 271 pads. The new ones are going on my K340 and my incomming K240 sextet.

May 24, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #195 of 236
Quote:

You always have the option of sending the wrong pads back, asking for a full refund, and buying a set from Anatoli.
I bought some tubes from him a while back, and he shipped them very fast, and was a pleasure to deal with.
I'm in for 2 pair. I'm tired of Frank's poor customer service and endless excuses.

if you don't mind me asking who is Anatoli and can you give me the contact info? I am not angry but am not exactly pleased with Frank's customer service at the moment. It kind of seems like he chooses people randomly to give decent service too and also randomly ignores some people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back