K 1000 + Cary CAD 300B SEI !!!
Oct 2, 2006 at 9:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Nik

Headphoneus Supremus
This combo is MAGICAL, I had the K 1000 3 times, the last one I used them with the Leben PP 6l6GC tube amp... but I sold the cans after two mounts, good, very good but something lack... The Cary with the K 1000 is another world, the sound result rich, full-body and OPEN, the only one can in the world to have a sound out of the head, soundstage is AMAZING. Bass is tight, slam and rich. Detail is like the best electrostatic.
First impression are 100% positive, hard to come back to my HD650... that is th best cans on the frontal headphone output I have listened with the Cary. The speakers outputs are inrcedible, silent and powerfull.
I'm still waiting fo the Equinox 8ft cable... and the can is too new... I'll come back to you for the second impression.
I have tested some differents tubes, but the AVVT C-37 and Tung Sol rp are still the best set.

Oct 2, 2006 at 10:13 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
This combo is MAGICAL, I had the K 1000 3 times, the last one I used them with the Leben PP 6l6GC tube amp... but I sold the cans after two mounts, good, very good but something lack... The Cary with the K 1000 is another world, the sound result rich, full-body and OPEN, the only one can in the world to have a sound out of the head, soundstage is AMAZING. Bass is tight, slam and rich. Detail is like the best electrostatic.
First impression are 100% positive, hard to come back to my HD650... that is th best cans on the frontal headphone output I have listened with the Cary. The speakers outputs are inrcedible, silent and powerfull.
I'm still waiting fo the Equinox 8ft cable... and the can is too new... I'll come back to you for the second impression.
I have tested some differents tubes, but the AVVT C-37 and Tung Sol rp are still the best set.

My compliments for this purchase and that combo.
smily_headphones1.gif

The open-feeling sound of some (few) headphones (like 1000 and few others) is something magical in my opinion, and it's something I feel I can't live without now.

Happy listening.
k1000smile.gif

Andrew

Oct 2, 2006 at 11:45 AM Post #4 of 6
The HD650 is the best on the headphone output, no problem ... I keep them (forever).

Oct 2, 2006 at 4:43 PM Post #5 of 6
That's great! I simply think the K-1000s (assuming the current needs are met) will just show how good or bad an amp is.

I use a humble Antique Sound Lab AQ-1001DT (with RCA black plate's - in triode mode) and the sound is lush, smooth and very neutral. I think everyone gravitates towards the amps that people have tried, but I think any amp like the Cary 300SEI which is known as a performer will just simply be exposed for it's goodness through the K-1000s.

Um, so what is the 650 for now? Bass? You have to admit the K-1000 is next level... Come on just admit it.
tongue.gif

Oct 2, 2006 at 5:17 PM Post #6 of 6
Yes, I must admit, that the K 1000 (in this setup) is something incredible... I was always looking for a open but full sound... and I can say now that this dream is possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back