JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!)
Feb 26, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #1,757 of 1,764
They are the same tips as for FXZ200 (which are on Comply website) -i.e. 400s. Be advised however that memory foam tips will kill a bit of sparkle, which was just enough to put me away from using them with FX700 - why give away arguably the best part of these IEMs?

For me the original silicone tips (NB: wide bore compared to the average, rather thick/rigid silicone) worked the best. And even staying in memory foam territory, the ones that come with FX700 are very good - in my opinion Comply will not offer any benefits.

Feb 27, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #1,758 of 1,764
  They are the same tips as for FXZ200 (which are on Comply website) -i.e. 400s. Be advised however that memory foam tips will kill a bit of sparkle, which was just enough to put me away from using them with FX700 - why give away arguably the best part of these IEMs?

For me the original silicone tips (NB: wide bore compared to the average, rather thick/rigid silicone) worked the best. And even staying in memory foam territory, the ones that come with FX700 are very good - in my opinion Comply will not offer any benefits.

Thank you for taking the time to explain this! :)
It is really helpful.
So, ant suggestions for some aftermarket tips?
The thing is the stock ones are not that comfortable.

Cheers!

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #1,761 of 1,764
I see. Have you tried the memory foam ones that come with FX700?

The "usual suspects" would be Sony hybrids, which in my experience almost never fail in terms of fit (but then I did not have any issues with the original FX700 tips either). Having narrow bore, the downsize is that they too cut a bit of the sparkle - as small as this effect was, I did not want to give up an inch of the miraculous FX treble. Still worth giving them a try, you may hear things differently.

With my previous FX700 pair (which sadly was lost), I had also tried MEElectronics wide-bore tips - both regular and dual-flanges. Sound was ok, but due to the silicone being too soft and thin they would often fall off, so I gave up and quickly went back to the original JVC tips.

If I were you, I'd order a bunch of different tips and go through a trial and error process. Except high-end options such as Comply, tips are very cheap. You can even find Sony-style hybrids made by third parties (Nakamichi-branded are the first that come into my mind as I happened to have some around, but there are plenty of options on ebay and alike); these may be better for FX700 as most of them have a slightly wider bore than the Sony's.

This summarizes my experience with tips on FX700, I'll let the others share theirs.

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #1,762 of 1,764
Just got my FX700s today.
These have crazy good SQs. But coming from my Shure SE215s, I feel that these things would fall off and I felt like theres a need for me to adjust every minute.
Is this normal for everyone? I feel like its hanging on my ear or something

Well time to shop for tips.
But my MEelec tips seem to be working.. Hmmm

Couldnt make it fit over the ear too which I thought I could do.

Dec 29, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #1,764 of 1,764
I just received a used but mint 30gig iPod 5.5g, and am posting to confirm that this generation's DAC has exceptional synergy with the FX700. I first found this out years ago, when I realized that I liked my U2 iMod's headphone port better with the FX700 than the souped-up LOD with anything else. Then I sold the iMod, and while the FX700's were still nice they just didn't have that special magic with any other setup, even my PHA-1. Now it's back to FX700 bliss! This is the second-best portable setup I've ever experienced, and the best with just a DAP/UIEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back