JVC Marshmallows
Jan 28, 2011 at 10:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Emerican

New Head-Fier
im skeptical about buying these, how are they for the $10 price tag at my store? im looking for a bit more bass than most headphones, and i wanna see how they compare to my last set of 'phones, the radius atomic bass 2

EDIT: woops, my bad, wrong section

Jan 28, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #2 of 8

Quote:
im skeptical about buying these, how are they for the $10 price tag at my store? im looking for a bit more bass than most headphones, and i wanna see how they compare to my last set of 'phones, the radius atomic bass 2.

i have never heard the radius bass 2's, but I doubt $10 jvc's will get you very far...

Jan 28, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #3 of 8
yea, but seeing how suckish my rocketfish rf knj2 or somethin was, im pretty sure the marshmallows at the same price will be better. 
also, the radius atomic bass 2 is a really good bang for your buck, not really for audiophiles, but for big bass cravers.

Jan 28, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
yea, but seeing how suckish my rocketfish rf knj2 or somethin was, im pretty sure the marshmallows at the same price will be better. 
also, the radius atomic bass 2 is a really good bang for your buck, not really for audiophiles, but for big bass cravers.

JVC marshmellow's aren't 'audiophile" quality by any means...is $10 all you can spare at the moment?

james

Jan 29, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #5 of 8
oh, i never said the jvcs were audiophile quality...
i have roughly $250 right now, but im really not gonna drop heavy cash like the beats by dre or shures have on their price tags, just something that'll give me some comfortability and some good bass until i can have the sony piiq marqii for my birthday (still 5 months away).
ill drop $30 max for a nice set of bass enhanced earbuds, preferrably canal buds.

Jan 29, 2011 at 9:14 AM Post #7 of 8
wow thanks a bunch, bro.
i actually found out that my dad has some meelectronics m9, and he gave em to me, and wow, the sound is super clear, at least better than what i expected.

Jan 29, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #8 of 8
I had the JVC Marshmallows (FX35). They actually just broke 2 days ago (right driver started crackling).

They are ridiculously bassy, super warm and overall just veiled.

I had to EQ the crap out of it to get it to sound good enough for my taste, which wasn't an issue. I loved the memrory foam tips, which stayed in place all the time on my ear.

Worth $10, easily. I'd buy them again, but I figured I'd just get the Koss IEM I like which has an inline volume control. I'm not too anal about IEM SQ, as I only use IEMs on the go. They sound good enough, and aren't as veiled as the Marshmallows. I will use the Marshmallow tips on them though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back