JVC Marshmallow HA-FX33-34 vs HA-FX35
Jun 23, 2010 at 12:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Studystand

New Head-Fier
Can someone explain the difference to me. I went on the market to look for another pair after I lost mine but to my surprise the cheapest I could find them for were $29.99. After reading the model number (HA-FX35) I realized they must have been upgraded. Can someone tell me if it's worth spending an extra $15 getting the HA-FX35, do they sound better or more comfortable? The only thing I noticed was the physical appearance.

Thanks

Jun 23, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #2 of 10
No firsthand experience with the FX35 here but if the new FX67 is any indication (in comparison to the older FX66), the recent changes to the JVC range are purely aesthetic. One thing I do notice is that the FX35 is specified to finally have a proper cable length (4ft vs 3.3ft), which should be a relief for anyone taller than a hobbit.

Oh and the FX35 shouldn't really run you 2x as much as the FX33/34. Prices here in the US are quite comparable, with the FX35 running $15 and the FX34 costing $12-13.

Jun 23, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #3 of 10
Aside from US prices, prices in Canada are double the suggested retail price for JVC earphones (mainly because futureshop is the only place selling these - quite crappy(FX67 are 40 dollars)). prices aside, there was a post a while back that said they sounded the same.

Jun 23, 2010 at 12:50 AM Post #4 of 10
Probably true for most places outside the US. In my view $30 (or even $20) is simply too much for any flavour of marshmallows. Even the Meelec M9 will cost less, and it's currently shipping free internationally.

Jun 23, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #5 of 10

Quote:
Probably true for most places outside the US. In my view $30 (or even $20) is simply too much for any flavour of marshmallows. Even the Meelec M9 will cost less, and it's currently shipping free internationally.

They're having a "special sale" so they cost $22 with free international shipping! Screw the marshmallow's i'm gettin' a pair of these

Also, i'm in Canada

Jun 23, 2010 at 3:02 PM Post #6 of 10
I just picked up a pair of 35s, and was surprised to find that they are even more bass heavy than the 33s/34s.  Even after I pulled the paper they sounded really stuffy and nasty overall,  not sure if I got a bad pair but I wasn't willing to risk it again and picked up some 33s from Ebay, which sound much better.

Jun 24, 2010 at 5:51 AM Post #7 of 10
metalrocker:
Should've done what Studystand did and get the M9 deal. Worthy replacement of my FX33.

I saw that FX35 once. It seems that the only physical differences are the return of the FX33 cable length (from the shorter FX34) and a bigger housing.

Jun 24, 2010 at 11:31 AM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
metalrocker:
Should've done what Studystand did and get the M9 deal. Worthy replacement of my FX33.

I saw that FX35 once. It seems that the only physical differences are the return of the FX33 cable length (from the shorter FX34) and a bigger housing.

Nice!  I didn't know about the M9 IEM's, will have to give them a try!  For $10 the Marshmallows aren't too bad 
wink_face.gif

Jun 25, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #9 of 10
For you canadians who are interested,  I just picked up a set of fx35's at Winners for $20 which is reasonable for Canada.  They also have the Flats for $15 which I picked up for my kids.

Aug 1, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #10 of 10
For anyone in the US and have Odd-Lot stores in your area they have the HAFX 34's for $10.

I got a few pairs and they're very impressive....and not just for the price.

Just flat out impressive.

I have mine hooked up to a spare Pioneer receiver and a X--Fi sound card in my computer.

I was listening to Yellowjackets Timelines and the impact of the drum stick hitting the bell of the cymbal shocked me.

I'm a drummer so I know what that feels/sounds like.

Overall a very balanced iem and excellent for bass heavy music.
I know you guys have been talking about these iems 2 or 3 years ago but I'm new to the game so I'm discovering all your budget gems now.
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back