JVC Marshmallow FX34
Oct 23, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyMaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like Comply tips for the Marshmallows. I think the T500 fits them.

Yeah, but my point is why buy new tips at all? The whole point of mallows is to be cheap. I'd just buy more expensive in-ears if I wanted better quality.

Oct 23, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieLitt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, but my point is why buy new tips at all? The whole point of mallows is to be cheap. I'd just buy more expensive in-ears if I wanted better quality.

Comfort/fit and it can potentially drastically change the sound signature of the earphones. I consider myself nuts for buying Comply tips for my FX66 that cost $18 from Amazon.com but the comfort and fit was well worth it.

Jul 21, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #10 of 12

the marshmallows are bass heavy, blaz i think you had a fake set

They sound very nice, I got a set for 5 bucks on ebay and am using them right now.  They sound very nice.  Nothing special but for the price they are a great value. 

idk about the other tips, the stock tips arent bad at all, i expected softer but they are fine

edit:  if you own a cmoy bass boost 2.02, that + the marshmallows = win.  Adds a HUGE thick bass and low end, its awesome.

Jul 21, 2010 at 9:17 PM Post #11 of 12
I think a big factor with earbuds sound quality is the fit in the ear canal. The tighter the seal, the stronger the bass. Since everyone's ears are different, there's a lot of variation. It also gets tricky when you allow for the different cushion tip sizes. Also, I found removing the white plastic tubing that the outer foam tips fit around helped make them more flexible, comfortable and provided better sound in my case.

Jul 24, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #12 of 12
Plastic tubing?  Im not sure what you mean.

I did the mod on them, removing the paper screen and even tried some cotton in place of foam.  The stock version is just too bass heavy for my needs, im sure most people will just love it.  But, for me its just too thick and when I use my Cmoy BB 2.02 its WAY TOO MUCH BASS.  But with the screen removed its much nicer, equally as punchy and the bass is less thick.  

So, as for the plastic thing you mentioned, Im again not sure what you mean.  I don't see any plastic around the tips that are made of pure memory foam.  The only tube I know of on them is right under the tips, but its rubber and grey.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back