jvc marshmallow fx34 appreciation station - ultimate edition
Jun 9, 2010 at 7:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

vapman

Member of the Trade: bhobuds.com
i searched and there doesn't seem to be any sort of thread dedicated to general fx34 discussion, just a bunch of threads under 10 replies. so here is a thread to rule them all.

i got mine on ebay for $5.75 shipped last week and i've been loving them. i actually sold my etymotic hf5's to get something cheaper, and i wanted maximum bass, so i was got these because even if i didn't like them, who cares about $6 for headphones? they turned out to be way better than i expected. very impressed.

i have tiny ear canals (etymotic small tri-flanges barely fit me) so the stock tips didn't fit in my ears well, but i loved the enormous bass. my ears are very sensitive to treble and i found them to be too shrill and "tinny" stock, so i did the kramer mod (removing the little paper filter and filling the sound tube with foam of some sort) with a bit of q-tip cotton. bass is still all there and the highs are much better. i bought some small yellow foamie shure e2c tips for $4 shipped which balanced out the sound a lot and made them a bit flatter (but still giant bass). my next project soon is to recable them - i'm not a cable freak and i believe most cable mods are snake oil, but who knows, maybe this will be a portapro type thing where it really makes a huge noticeable difference. i'm only recabling them because i need them about a foot longer.

talk about how much you love (or hate) marshmallows and cool things you did to your marshmallows here!

p.s. does anyone know if the $5 marshmallows on ebay from hong kong are real? of course they say "genuine" but everyone knows in hong kong language that means about as much as "they exist"

Jun 9, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #2 of 2
I'm thinking about getting this one for gym cuz my ibud fall apart after I accidentally stepped on it. Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back