JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
May 3, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #2,146 of 3,142
Quote:
Claus-DK,

I'll first try to contact JVC and see what my options are (if any). Maybe there's still some hope...

They were such good cans, loved the strong, full bodied bass, and their acoustic and involving presentation.

i hope that you resolve your problem

May 12, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #2,147 of 3,142
My jvc's have developed a rattle on the left driver. I opened it up to see if there is something loose but it would seem the problem is in the driver. The rattle is only audible when playing music with very low bass. It's not loud so it get's drowned by the mids but when there is only low bass I't is bad. How worried should I be? Im afraid the problem will get worse...

May 12, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #2,150 of 3,142
Quote:
It sounds like a hair crept in. Gently blow the driver clean.

Yes from most of my experience, a rattle at the lower frequences is a hair stuck on the mylar diaphragm. It is in these lower frequencies were abrupt vibrations happen on the diaphragm and if there is a hair stuck, you will hear this rattle.

May 14, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #2,151 of 3,142
I opened the headphones again. NEVER use a screwdriver to pop up the driver cover. I was very carefull but I "forgot" headphones have a magnet... Ended up with a wrinkled driver. I managed to restore the driver to it's original form using tape to pull it back up. Checked for possible hair or something else that didn't belong there and assembled the headphones, everything sounded fine...except for that rattle. Time for another dissassembly. When I was removing the driver I noticed that the driver was just a bit loose...it wasnt moving or anything but there was like 0,5mm space between the wood and the plastic part where the screwholes are. Holes in the wood had enlarged to the point that 2 of the screws fit loosely. Put in thicker screws and attached the driver back in tight. Now everything sounds perfect again :) My guess is that there was just enough loose space for that white ring to move. It resonated and caused the rattle.

May 14, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #2,153 of 3,142
Quote:
Call me crazy, but I just bought me a second pair.

Why wasn't it my pair?
frown.gif

May 20, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #2,158 of 3,142
Do you mean you are planning to wear those outside and in full view?
You must be very brave :)

Sir, you are speaking with a former XB700 owner.

EDIT: unless you are saying the DX700 is fragile, which would be an issue. I would likely use them with the iBasso DX100. It's a DX party!

May 20, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #2,159 of 3,142
Quote:
Sir, you are speaking with a former XB700 owner.

EDIT: unless you are saying the DX700 is fragile, which would be an issue. I would likely use them with the iBasso DX100. It's a DX party!

They are fragile. The plastic JVC used to construct the headband is really cheap so I wouldn't risk them for portable use.

May 20, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #2,160 of 3,142
They are fragile. The plastic JVC used to construct the headband is really cheap so I wouldn't risk them for portable use.

Solution(?): cover the plastic parts in duct tape the minute I recieve the headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back