JVC HAR-X700 and 900. Two of the best dynamics? Am I nuts?
Oct 29, 2008 at 12:02 AM Post #62 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FWIR, the RX700 would be better for rock than the RX900.

Your sig is very handy. I almost went to urbandictionary to look up the meaning to that.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 29, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #63 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Buy.com is out of the 700, and since I'm going to listen to mostly rock on them the 900 probably isn't the best headphone for me.

Wow, really. Just bought mine last night from them, hope they don't get backordered. Guess I won't know for 7-9 bus. days. Oh well. I'm not expecting much, as long as they sound decent, and rock a better than my k701's, i'll be happy.
Funny thing is I wasn't even in the market for another set of none portables, just couldn't resist the price tag on this flavor of the moment.

Oct 29, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #64 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by dclancy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, really. Just bought mine last night from them, hope they don't get backordered. Guess I won't know for 7-9 bus. days. Oh well. I'm not expecting much, as long as they sound decent, and rock a better than my k701's, i'll be happy.
Funny thing is I wasn't even in the market for another set of none portables, just couldn't resist the price tag on this flavor of the moment.

These are becoming like the non-portable PL-30 in terms of hype and Head-Fi buying out the entire stock.

Oct 29, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #65 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to Head-Fi. Eventually everything mentioned will be contradicted by someone else.

The JVC headphones suck. They are the worst headphones I have ever heard, and I would rather listen to iPod earbuds than these horrible monstrosities. I would only own these if they were given to me for free.

wink_face.gif

jay kay, jay kay

I'm still waiting for mine to come in the mail.

Oct 29, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #66 of 1,224
Out performing the d1001 standard, is a bit much at a third the amazon price. If they serve as a closed iGrado's, I'd be quite satisfied with that. I would like if someone could substantiate those claims dethroning the Denons, seeing as I was very close to ordering those, but opted not to because the price tag was a bit much for portable use. I almost ordered the Creative Aural Lives for the same drivers at $10-20 less.

Oct 29, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #67 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The JVC headphones suck. They are the worst headphones I have ever heard, and I would rather listen to iPod earbuds than these horrible monstrosities. I would only own these if they were given to me for free.

wink_face.gif

jay kay, jay kay

I'm still waiting for mine to come in the mail.

You scared the crap out of me, I'm bout to order them haha.

Oct 29, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #68 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by kirimaru /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the rx900 sounds very expanded & deep with very good separation between the instruments with alot of air.
the music seems as if it sounds live in a big room,the instruments sound as if they were around me.
I personally would not use it for rock.

So they are not good rock cans because they have soundstage?

Oct 29, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #69 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So they are not good rock cans because they have soundstage?

Oh you can still listen to rock on them. I am listening to plenty lol. The 700s might have a bit more of a Grado sound to them? I don't know. I think I like the 900s better b/c they live on my main rig and the 700s are portable.

Depends on what you prefer. Both are detail monsters for the $$. The 700 is smaller and tighter and the 900 is big and a little boomy but still has great detail.

Oct 29, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #70 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh you can still listen to rock on them. I am listening to plenty lol. The 700s might have a bit more of a Grado sound to them? I don't know. I think I like the 900s better b/c they live on my main rig and the 700s are portable.

Depends on what you prefer. Both are detail monsters for the $$. The 700 is smaller and tighter and the 900 is big and a little boomy but still has great detail.

Which Grado model would you say the 700 is most comparable to sound-wise? 60? 80? 125?

...225?
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 29, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #71 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which Grado model would you say the 700 is most comparable to sound-wise? 60? 80? 125?

...225?
bigsmile_face.gif

Like a bigger sound stage version of an HF-1 maybe. The sound is seperated pretty well and the bass is not as slamming nor the highs quite as good but yeah. That is a stretch though. I am going on memory.

Oct 29, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #72 of 1,224
Quote:

Like a bigger sound stage version of an HF-1 maybe. The sound is seperated pretty well and the bass is not as slamming nor the highs quite as good but yeah. That is a stretch though. I am going on memory.

HF-1!?!
eek.gif

As soon as they're back in stock, they're mine!

Oct 29, 2008 at 3:06 AM Post #73 of 1,224
Quote:

When you said that they are about as detailed as AKG 701s did you use amp when you had the AKGs? Just wondering if they were properly powered, also I just ordered the 900s, can't wait.

Oct 29, 2008 at 4:29 AM Post #74 of 1,224
Anyone know the ohms of the HAR-X700's? Also would they work for rap and hip hop well? I'm trying to decide between the HAR-X700 or Koss KSC75 for the kids for Xmas. They have little run of the mill CD & mp3 players so that's the concern about the ohm load.

Thanks,

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back