jvc ha-rx900 or rx700 for music
Jul 2, 2012 at 3:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

banquo

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone.

I'm new to head-fi and am looking for some advice on a new headphone purchase. My current pair of headphones are coming apart, with a shorted cord and plug. I spoke with a friend of mine who swears that the JVC HA-RX700 were the best possible headphones i could get in my price range. I read a ton of reviews on them, but they left me with more questions than answers. There were many comparisons to the JVC HA-RX900s, the latter having a lot of references to different bass characteristics than the RX700s and the RX700 having more "forward" highs. I am not an audiophile, so I'm not quite sure what to make of all that
biggrin.gif

Basically, I mostly listen to rock and bass heavy industrial music. I realize these are very different genres and different headphones would serve each one better, but if i had to favor a type of music, it would be the industrial. Although some of the industrial is the metal crossover variety..... Anyway, as far as overall sound, with a preference toward solid, rich bass, which headphones would be better for my taste?

Also, if anyone can tell me, how folk, dark ambient and old-school goth sound on either of these, it would be appreciated.

Jul 3, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #3 of 8
rx700 is more balanced with decent bass... but rx900 has more bass which is a little bloated but a bigger soundstage and better for gaming... i don't know really which you should get as people around me love rx700 a lot more but i haven't heard both of them...

Jul 3, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #4 of 8
I've also heard the 900's have slightly worse isolation due to a different kind of material used on the ear cushions.

I think the 700's are better because the extra money spent on the 900's isn't worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back