jvc ha-rx700 (will be modded) or the philips hts600s
May 15, 2012 at 10:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

flight567

Head-Fier
i'm currently listening to my fathers jvc ha-rx500s (he picked them up for $5 at camp drum in NY) and got curious so i looked into it. found the ha-rx 700s to be around $35, so i figured i would go for it, but i then remembered that everyone was recomending those philips guys up there. so what's better?
i like a neutral (perhaps a little on the warm side) headphone
tight bass
all around good sq.
looks don't matter
comfort isn't an issue unless it's horrible
thanks in advance :)

Jun 19, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #2 of 2
Since I own them both, I will help you out here.  Compared to each other, they really are a different breed altogether , The JVCs have very good clarity and just the right about of bass for my taste. They are built rather well but they are very large  in size( not for portable use). I really enjoy them with all types of music really. They sound amazing to me. The Panasonic's have their own strengths where they have a wider soundstage and more bass but do suffer in the clarity department. They are not nearly as well built as the JVCs. I find myself using the Panasonics with electronic type music only . Since you like a more neutral sounding headphone, go with the JVCs but please burn them in. They don't sound great out of the box but after about 30 hours up to 200 hrs, you are going to be stunned by the sound of these. Do not mod them until you have had about 200 hrs of usage . I found that I felt modded too early and they became a little too bright later on. I find myself lowering the treble a couple of notches and that helped to even out the sound. The RX700s are in a different class than the RX500s. For a 30 dollar bill, these are a steal. I would of gladly paid 100.00 for the sound I get out of these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back