JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Dec 29, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #1,276 of 3,271
Quote:

That is a cool sub-bass test track - thanks!

Observations:
S500 = Lots of sub-bass. Almost too much!
Uptowns = Lots of sub-bass. Enjoyable.
Tdk mt300's + mh1c medium tips = Quite a lot of sub-bass. Could feel it, but still pretty tight. Enjoyable. Yet another reason I like these cheapies so much.
Tdk mt300's + mh1c large tips =  Whoa - lots of sub-bass. Almost too much, but still sounds cool (I think I'll have to try for a while with these tips again).
Sony xba3's = Could feel the sub-bass a little bit.
Sony mh1c's + mh1c medium tips = Could feel the sub-bass a little bit (not much).
Sony mh1c's + mh1c large tips = Quite a lot of sub-bass, but looser/boomier than mt300's (with either tips).
Brainwavz r1's + large r1 tips = Not too much sub-bass.
Brainwavz r1's + large mh1c tips = Fair amount of sub-bass. Enjoyable.
Jvc fxd70's = Couldn't really feel it at all.
Jvc fxz100/200's = Sadly, I just don't know!
frown.gif

Dec 29, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #1,277 of 3,271
I have just been experimenting with my 200's......I wear mine over ear, but instead of the way some of the others here do it, I use a trrs cable, so they don't sit in my ears when over ear, but they fit (stick out) like they do when worn down.  In other words the channels are reveresed left to right through the cable, so the right earpiece goes in the left ear, and the left earpiece goes in the right ear.  Worn more out of my ears than inside.  The last couple of hours I have been listening without the trrs cable, and the ear pieces worn left ear blue right ear red, with them sitting more inside my ears.  What I hear this way sounds more constricted with a smaller soundstage.  I have gone back to the trrs cable, and the sound is less constricted with the bigger wider soundstage.  Can someone with a trrs cable confirm this?  Or do you think this is placebo, and my ears playing tricks on me?

Dec 29, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #1,278 of 3,271
Quote:
It made my pro 900's rattle, should be a lot of fun with the 200's id imagine.

Good news for me, with any luck i'll be getting mine monday.

I phoned up the local depot to pay my customs fee [£44 ugh] and asked them very nicely if they could throw it in the cage for monday,
as their automated system would have shoved in for wednesday, anyway she'll see what she can do but no promises.

Can't wait now, it's been horrible waiting for these to arrive.

Same here hope to get them on Monday!

Dec 29, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #1,279 of 3,271
Quote:
Sexyness in my ear now....bass is epic, vocal is epic, highs are epic, resolution epic, soundstage and depth also epic and totally worth the monies; p

sounds like you're having an epic-phany!  
etysmile.gif

Dec 29, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #1,280 of 3,271
Quote:
I have just been experimenting with my 200's......I wear mine over ear, but instead of the way some of the others here do it, I use a trrs cable, so they don't sit in my ears when over ear, but they fit (stick out) like they do when worn down.  In other words the channels are reveresed left to right through the cable, so the right earpiece goes in the left ear, and the left earpiece goes in the right ear.  Worn more out of my ears than inside.  The last couple of hours I have been listening without the trrs cable, and the ear pieces worn left ear blue right ear red, with them sitting more inside my ears.  What I hear this way sounds more constricted with a smaller soundstage.  I have gone back to the trrs cable, and the sound is less constricted with the bigger wider soundstage.  Can someone with a trrs cable confirm this?  Or do you think this is placebo, and my ears playing tricks on me?

I think it may be a matter of insertion depth and seal.  when i jam them in they are boomy, when i get them to seal with just enough push to get them to seal, they are open, airy, and have a wide stage.  use a bigger tip, and go for over the ear but shallow.  see how that works out.  

Dec 29, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #1,281 of 3,271
I have about 150hrs on my 200's, and they are starting to open up just as the S500's did for me.  Initially the low end was very strong and loose.  Out of box I EQ'd the bass down 4db at 30hz, 60hz and 125hz.....that got the bass out of the of the beautiful mids and highs to my likeing.  I have been reducing the EQ with burn in and use.  I am now using no EQ at 30hz, and down 2db at 60hz and 125hz......this really clears up the mids, keeping the excess bass that is left out of the mids, making them sound more balanced, the sub bass/bass on these is just fantastic......with distinct separate bass notes, texturing and detail.  I listen to my S500 without EQ now, hundreds of hours on them, HM5 pads, and silver/copper hybrid cable upgrade.  The S500's still have the larger soundstage, more airy and light sounding, but the 200's are starting to come around.....maybe 85% of my S500's right now, but reallly amazing for IEM's.  No other IEM's I have ever heard can come close, the 200's do everything in a special way! 

Dec 29, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #1,282 of 3,271
Quote:
I think it may be a matter of insertion depth and seal.  when i jam them in they are boomy, when i get them to seal with just enough push to get them to seal, they are open, airy, and have a wide stage.  use a bigger tip, and go for over the ear but shallow.  see how that works out.  

I have to agree... I only tried them once with the cable down and I don't feel like I was getting a full seal - but they still sounded great, just slightly vented.  I've only used the medium tips which is what I found to work best with the FXD-80s, they don't go in particularly deep (I can still feel a bit of the tip outside my ear) and they'll come loose if I'm doing something like eating.  Note that I only spent about 15 minutes trying this, I could tell that over the ear just works much better for me from an ergonomic perspective.

Dec 29, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #1,283 of 3,271
Quote:
I have about 150hrs on my 200's, and they are starting to open up just as the S500's did for me.  Initially the low end was very strong and loose.  Out of box I EQ'd the bass down 4db at 30hz, 60hz and 125hz.....that got the bass out of the of the beautiful mids and highs to my likeing.  I have been reducing the EQ with burn in and use.  I am now using no EQ at 30hz, and down 2db at 60hz and 125hz......this really clears up the mids, keeping the excess bass that is left out of the mids, making them sound more balanced, the sub bass/bass on these is just fantastic......with distinct separate bass notes, texturing and detail.  I listen to my S500 without EQ now, hundreds of hours on them, HM5 pads, and silver/copper hybrid cable upgrade.  The S500's still have the larger soundstage, more airy and light sounding, but the 200's are starting to come around.....maybe 85% of my S500's right now, but reallly amazing for IEM's.  No other IEM's I have ever heard can come close, the 200's do everything in a special way! 

Good work cute.... keep that hype train a rolling!

Dec 29, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #1,284 of 3,271
Quote:

I have been using a shallow insertion depth, and both ways, trrs, and over ear without trrs......I am using large double flange white Meelic tips, in just far enough to seal and be comfortable.  I have a mass of other tips in my collection all large and medium, and find the large Meelic tips work best for detail, airy, open sound in my canals.  Most of the other tips I have tried, make the sound more muffled/veiled, no matter the insertion depth.  Soneone with newer RE272, RE262 would have a trrs cable (the female end is white, looks like an extension cable).  If someone can try both ways I would appreciate it.  But I know what I am hearing is not caused by insertion depth.....but the insertion angle would be slightly different worn up vs down in the same ear!

Dec 29, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #1,285 of 3,271
Quote:

I have to agree... I only tried them once with the cable down and I don't feel like I was getting a full seal - but they still sounded great, just slightly vented.  I've only used the medium tips which is what I found to work best with the FXD-80s, they don't go in particularly deep (I can still feel a bit of the tip outside my ear) and they'll come loose if I'm doing something like eating.  Note that I only spent about 15 minutes trying this, I could tell that over the ear just works much better for me from an ergonomic perspective.

You eat while listening 
eek.gif
, now here folks is a real non Audiophile type.....lol!

Dec 29, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #1,286 of 3,271
Quote:

BTW, I have never listened to them cable down, cable up over ear with trrs cable, makes them go into your ears as if being worn down, right earpiece is in left ear, and left earpiece is in right ear, with the trrs cable reversing left and right channels!

Dec 29, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #1,287 of 3,271
Quote:

BTW, I have never listened to them cable down, cable up over ear with trrs cable, makes them go into your ears as if being worn down, right earpiece is in left ear, and left earpiece is in right ear, with the trrs cable reversing left and right channels!

So after going back and forth, and doing things like trying one ear up, one down... I think you actually may have something here.  I thought it was seal but I'm not so sure.  It does seem to make the sound open up and overall trend toward more neutral.

Dec 29, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #1,288 of 3,271
Hey guys check this out I have a feeling the JVC's will do this mix justice. Enjoy the eargasm express.

Dec 29, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #1,289 of 3,271
Initial impressions. Sweet! Instrument separation, 3-D presentation. There. Clarity isn't fully there right now. Bass is pretty impressive, but yeah, it's pretty out of control right now. Sub bass goes pretty deep. It's a definite keeper. It nailed two things for me. 1) it complements the UERM in that it does music that the UERM doesn't do, which is more bassy stuff, and 2) this was to be my purchase of a hybrid BA-Dynamic iem, but I felt the technology with a triple dynamic would be just as impressive. I kinda treat the carbon nanotube driver as like a BA. Anyway, burning them in. Thanks for letting me onto these.

Dec 29, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #1,290 of 3,271
I remember when I heard these for the first time. I was thinking. These have so much bass. haha. The good news here is they open up and the sound cleans up with more use/ burn in.  They do take a bit of time to show their base sound tuning. The FXZ100 will wow people right away. The FXZ200 not so much. But don't judge em on the open box sound..I would say 50 hours minimum for them to show how they truly sound.

These are sleepers meaning they will sneak up on you and impress more and more with more use and burn in they have. So keep them on the burn in. They only get better.

I can see the reaction from many of you guys on first listen. Lol. Just imagining it. A sour look perhaps. Haha.  I know cuz I was the same way..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back