JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
Jan 6, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #962 of 2,211
Got some comply's today, the ts400's. I can't stand them, honestly. Instrument separation has gotten worse, everything is mashed together. The highs aren't nearly as crisp and beautiful. It sounds more like a monster turbine with the comply's IMO. After 35 hours or so the treble really smoothed out so I don't see a need for these at all.

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #963 of 2,211

Quote:
Got some comply's today, the ts400's. I can't stand them, honestly. Instrument separation has gotten worse, everything is mashed together. The highs aren't nearly as crisp and beautiful. It sounds more like a monster turbine with the comply's IMO. After 35 hours or so the treble really smoothed out so I don't see a need for these at all.

I agree with you. Comfort and isolation aside, I can't stand using Comply's.

Jan 7, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #965 of 2,211
Also have you tried trimming them down even with the tips? Works nicely for me.

Jan 7, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #966 of 2,211
Yeah I trim the t-400, and then they probably sound as good as the TS. I'm not sure of you can trim the Ts400 with success. Reverse may work though

Jan 7, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #967 of 2,211

Quote:
Yeah I trim the t-400, and then they probably sound as good as the TS. I'm not sure of you can trim the Ts400 with success. Reverse may work though

Ts are shorter already than T series, although they can still be trimmed.

Weird thing is they shouldn't affect sound unless they are more 2mm longer than the IEM nozzles.
Ts tips should not be inserted too deep, they're supposed to fit well into the widest part of ear canals, to avoid collapsing of the foam over the nozzles.

Jan 7, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #969 of 2,211

Quote:
Now I just need my FXT90's to show up..lol

I was just about to say me to because I'm still waiting on mine but then I heard the door bell ring and what do you know its the mail man with my FXT90.  Its funny I live near Tulsa and the last scan was in Kearny NJ on the 5th so this was unexpected as I just check an hour ago and still no new scans.  Time for the 2 day burn in session before I start to really listen to them though I'll see how they sound right out the box.

Jan 7, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #971 of 2,211
hi i just got my fxt90 yesterday from accessoryjack, really fast delivery. They came in 4 days!!
First impressions are really really good! I'm very impressed. I do love the more analytic sound of my phonaks, but these fxt90s are different and simply awesome and hopefully they'll just get even better during burn in. Was looking for a more dynamic and fun sound signature and that's what I got and I dont feel that the fxt90s are missing any detail.

I got only one problem. The medium tips are just slightly too big for me and the small ones are way too small. I tried the meel 11 tips and none of them fit.

Does anyone know if there are tips just slightly smaller than the medium tips ? I'd like to stay away from the complyfoam

Jan 7, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #972 of 2,211

Quote:
hi i just got my fxt90 yesterday from accessoryjack, really fast delivery. They came in 4 days!!
First impressions are really really good! I'm very impressed. I do love the more analytic sound of my phonaks, but these fxt90s are different and simply awesome and hopefully they'll just get even better during burn in. Was looking for a more dynamic and fun sound signature and that's what I got and I dont feel that the fxt90s are missing any detail.

I got mine in 9 days with regular shipping from AccessoryJack which is really fast.  I love the sound signature and its just what I was looking for in a dynamic driver IEM.  I still love my TF10's but these will give them a run for their money in listening time.  They are very fun and lively with good bass extension and clear and detailed mids and highs.  Much better soundstage and separation than my ClarityOnes and its over all presentation fits what I was looking.

They fit great and the stock tips that came on them are perfect for me.  The build quality seems good and I'm just a fan of the L shaped jacks as they don't give out like the straight ones do imo.

I'll give a more detailed review after a 40 or 50 hour burn in and see how much the sound sig changes but right now I'm loving the way they sound already.

Jan 7, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #973 of 2,211

Quote:
Ts are shorter already than T series, although they can still be trimmed.

Weird thing is they shouldn't affect sound unless they are more 2mm longer than the IEM nozzles.
Ts tips should not be inserted too deep, they're supposed to fit well into the widest part of ear canals, to avoid collapsing of the foam over the nozzles.

That could be my problem. I shoved them in as far as I could. I'll try a more shallow insertion and some of the other suggestions too.

Jan 7, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #974 of 2,211

I'm trying to decide between ex600 v fxt90 as a possible buy. I've read the soundstage of ex600's is huge (can someone compare this to ie8's) but is it so small for fxt90's ?

Quote:
Right of the box they won't impress you. You will also might find soundstage a little bit tiny compared to TF10, that's how I felt after using TF10.

Also how suitable are fxt90's for jogging with ? Will they stay in ?

A summarised comparison/contrast of fxt90 v ex600 would be really appreciated.

Jan 7, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #975 of 2,211
Regarding the soundstage of the EX600 compared to the IE8, I'd say the Sennheiser still have a larger soundstage, but the Sony have more air. There is more forward projection with the EX600, but as a result also maybe less immersion into the music, compared to the IE8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back