JVC HA-FX700 review : WOODEN KING of Dynamic iems
Jan 13, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #211 of 274
If you sweat a lot get some cheaper IEMs, Sennheiser has a sport line.

Oct 10, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #212 of 274
Hi FX700 owners, can anyone comment on fx700 vs hd650?  I know they are totally different, I just want some info about how they compare on the relative amount of bass, mid, and high in the whole spectrum.  Thanks~~

Feb 8, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #214 of 274
 Funny how so many people say the fx 700 has horrible isolation. it really depend on your ear size. it has very basic round tips- if your ears are exactly that size (or better slightly smaller) they will provide great isolation, if not  not.   Also who would want good isolation with them   the bass sounds horrible isolated-  way to much    a looser fit sounds much better.

Feb 8, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #216 of 274
Quote:
 Funny how so many people say the fx 700 has horrible isolation. it really depend on your ear size. it has very basic round tips- if your ears are exactly that size (or better slightly smaller) they will provide great isolation, if not  not.

There are different sized tips in the box, to fit all ear sizes. Look under the paper sleeve that's wrapped around the foam inlay. The guys at JVC must have an odd sense of humor.

Apr 3, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #219 of 274
What i mean is that they don't have that cone 'V' shape that jams in your ear   that will just go deeper if your ear is larger. So if any of the sizes fit your ears perfectly your good      if not not.

Apr 4, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #220 of 274
I use Sony Hybrids with mine, no problems with the seal.

Apr 4, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #223 of 274
without a doubt. With all the new iems that recently flooded the market I believe the M5 is now actually poor value.  Bass was the only thing they do well.

Apr 4, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #224 of 274
Quote:
without a doubt. With all the new iems that recently flooded the market I believe the M5 is now actually poor value.  Bass was the only thing they do well.

I sorta agree

I have to heavily rely on EQ from poweramp to boost the mids, highs, and cut some of the bass out. 

I do love them, though. 

What other options are there in the <300 range?

Apr 6, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #225 of 274
Quote:
 Funny how so many people say the fx 700 has horrible isolation. it really depend on your ear size. it has very basic round tips- if your ears are exactly that size (or better slightly smaller) they will provide great isolation, if not  not.   Also who would want good isolation with them   the bass sounds horrible isolated-  way to much    a looser fit sounds much better.

Yeah, same here. Guess you can't trust everything most people say, until you experience them yourself. At first, before I bought mine, I thought I wouldn't be able to enjoy them during commutes, but the moment I stuff them in using the large tips I was surprised. The isolation really isn't that any different from the rest of my IEMs, and so I'm now a happy camper. The bass just wallops everything I owned to date, even my beloved TMA-1! (I still love it though)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back