JVC HA-FW02 mini review
Nov 5, 2016 at 2:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Bengkia369

1000+ Head-Fier
New In-ears monitor from JVC Japan.
Tried both their "Flagship" HA-FW01 but don't really like it, not that it is not technically capable but just don't have that kind of mid-centric sound that I preferred with female vocals. Hence, I suspect JVC engineers might designed this more for orchestral music which required wider soundstage.
HA-FW02 is the best sounding among JVC's premium wood series as it had that V-shaped mid-centric sound that gave female vocals more "meat" and forward sounding yet sounds so lush and mellow at the same time!
It's sounds good direct from cell phone or any Dap but it's sounds even better when using a good amplifier.
Will have more reviews after my unit fully burned in. Initial impression is good!

Nov 5, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #2 of 19
My impression was totally different. Tried the FW02s in Yodobashi and wondered what was wrong with the overly aggressive treble and bass. To me it sounded like these had been ramped up to give an artificial excitement to the sound. Ultimately it was tiring and unpleasant after only 10 minutes of listening.

I then tried the FW01s and was very impressed and ended up buying them. They sound like a solid improvement over my FX850s - I was hoping at a similar price point the FW02s would be this. In every way the sound is cleaned up - less prominent and tighter bass, smoother mid range, and clearer tops.  Admittedly it was twice the price of the FW02s but for once I could clearly hear the improvement in the shop, so different was the sound signature. 

Nov 10, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #3 of 19
My impression was totally different. Tried the FW02s in Yodobashi and wondered what was wrong with the overly aggressive treble and bass. To me it sounded like these had been ramped up to give an artificial excitement to the sound. Ultimately it was tiring and unpleasant after only 10 minutes of listening.

I then tried the FW01s and was very impressed and ended up buying them. They sound like a solid improvement over my FX850s - I was hoping at a similar price point the FW02s would be this. In every way the sound is cleaned up - less prominent and tighter bass, smoother mid range, and clearer tops.  Admittedly it was twice the price of the FW02s but for once I could clearly hear the improvement in the shop, so different was the sound signature. 

Thanks for your input!
In Singapore, the price of FW-01 is just S$200 more expensive compared to FW-02 not 2 times the price.
I really enjoyed my FW-02 very much and it's getting better and better each time I listen to it!

AeqgKtW.jpg

Nov 12, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #5 of 19
They seem to have vents around the nozzle does anyone know what that's for? I can't find an English translation of the technologies in these OEM.

You are right, it does have the vents around the nozzle areas.

Nov 14, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #7 of 19
Nov 15, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #10 of 19
V shaped is the opposite of midcentric and vents always make it less isolating. :confused_face(1):

Sorry it's definitely mid centric

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #12 of 19
Apr 19, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #14 of 19
Sony SPC MMCX cable

Bengkia, did your fw02 came with the leather carrying case? Was the S-Class emblem on the package box? It seems to mne that the one i shipped only have eartips and a cable keeper included. But the seller tells me thats the original packaging. Dunno, different sites give different i fi about the carrying case)

Apr 19, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #15 of 19
Bengkia, did your fw02 came with the leather carrying case? Was the S-Class emblem on the package box? It seems to mne that the one i shipped only have eartips and a cable keeper included. But the seller tells me thats the original packaging. Dunno, different sites give different i fi about the carrying case)

Mine comes with this...

b8AkxQu.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back