Jvc fxt90 or se215LTD or monster turbine
Jun 18, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #2 of 12
I own both the SE215 and the Turbine, and I have to say I prefer the Turbine's a lot more. There is barely any bass bleed and bass is nicely extended with a strong rumble in the sub-bass region. The mids are fairly articulated and guitars are well reproduced. Drum reproduction is pretty good too, although the SE215 may seem to have a stronger transient response when it comes to drums. Please note as well that the Turbine's also lack the strong build quality of the SE215 (my Turbine's are now faulty after 2 years of regular use).

Jun 18, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #3 of 12
Having own both the SE215 Ltd and the FXT-90, I find that for drum and bass, I'll definitely go for the JVC.
The bass on the Shure is a bit loose and with too much decay. The JVC has tighter and faster bass, IMO that is.
The Shure also has rolled-off treble, especially if you use the foam tip, so guitar plucking might lack the sparkle.
The only way to extract as much treble from the Shure is by tip rolling, and I found that Westone Star tips really shine.

Where the Shure excels over the JVC is on the vocal.

Jun 20, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #11 of 12
Iam selling my brand new FXT90 not used at all with all accessories for $50 please let me know if you are interested to buy these and they bassy yet detailed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back