JVC Dual Dynamic HA-FXT90 Review
Dec 28, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #31 of 32
Current using shure se215 looking for and upgrade will the bass for fxt90 better than what i currently using?

Jul 1, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #32 of 32
I have been using FXT90 for more than 4 months now and would like to share below:

Pros:
Mid - Good and the tone of distortion guitars and snares comes out quite nice however sometimes you would find the highs overpowering mids. Both the drivers in this dual driver earphones are supposed to play some portions of mid but the resulting sound somehow is more towards the treble side.

High - If you are fond of Highs you would love this earphones, I would say its one of the best for highs in this price range.
Soundstage - Average but good at the price paid but you won't of course feel that it is not played from both the sides (ears).

Attack - Sound has an outstanding attack, the chorus sounds above average. 

Physics - It is light weight and isn't harsh on ears, doesn't pain if put on for long time, longest I tried till now was around 4 hours but was satisfying. Cable quality is good for the price paid but isn't excellent.

Cons:
Low - Really not good for you if you are a bass head. The bass is punchy but it is not at all heavy, sometimes you may miss the magics what you would expect from bass guitars. The heavy frequencies are heard but not in the amount it is expected to be heard for a feel of completeness.

Fit - Doesn't fit very very good
Doesn't sound very natural, there is something artificial
Good for: Pop, Alternative
Not so good for: Heavy metal, Hip hop, rap

Tips: If you have bought them give your ears sometime these may take some time to be loved. You may need to tweak your EQ to add some bass or reduce the treble to match your listening preferences. I have to switch my iPod touch's EQ to Bass Booster, although my favorite was Plain/Acoustic but they do not sound good anymore with these due to obvious reasons. It is even cheaper in Japan so try to get it from any friend you know is travelling.

These are good for the price you would pay and at par or I must say far better than any other you may get around $90-$100.

-Vaibhav

Users who are viewing this thread

Back