Justice - Cross
Jun 17, 2007 at 7:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

TheAnomaly

500+ Head-Fier
i saw this on the Pitchfork best new music section and i was recently feeling the electronica itch, so i figured i'd try it. let me just say WOW at this album. it is genuinely hard to listen to. the filters, the sequencing, all of it, is borderline torture on the ears. if you're not savvy, their single D.A.N.C.E. is the iTunes single of the week, so it's a free download. the entire album sounds more or less like that.

the reviews this album/track receive are hilariously varied as the Pitchfork review makes note. it's not hard to see why once you've heard it, either. the entire album is a slap in the face to electronic music, with all of its completely absurd production and mixing. i'm not sure if i love it or hate it yet, but i can tell you for sure that this is not easy listening. any electronica fans out there have an entrenched opinion on this one already?
biggrin.gif

Aug 5, 2007 at 5:58 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holy shizzle, I dont understand why people arent going crazy over this album!!!

Me either. This one has the stamp of cross-over hit all over it with a funky sharp big production sound.

In some of the recent electronic threads, I've seen a-lot of Daft Punk love. 'Cross' should be right up their fans' alley.

My guess that this Justice album is going to be huge - catching both dance music and modern rock fans.

Nov 18, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #14 of 16
I'm really enjoying Justice.. quite enjoy the (what I feel are) Daft Punk influences. Seems to be a trend of French Electronica Dance. 
I do enjoy D.A.N.C.E... but I need to be in a certain mood. The rest of the album I can enjoy any time... especially when I'm out on a run. 

Pick of the album... Genesis and Phantom Pt. 2.... Genesis nudges it out for me though :) 

Nov 18, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #15 of 16
this video made them really famous outside france

and the trolled version you cannot miss

Users who are viewing this thread

Back