just saw opeth and porcupine tree
Jul 28, 2003 at 3:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

johnny sack

100+ Head-Fier
Don't read on if you plan to attend a future concert and you don't want to know anything about the show.

So last night i was at the Opeth/Porcupine Tree concert in Minneapolis, and let me be the first to tell you: it was awesome.

Opeth played for about 1.5 hours, and PT played for roughly the same amount of time.

Opeth reproduced the sound from their cd's so perfectly, and the acoustics of the venue were amazing. Opeth played the whole set from the album Damnation, and then some of their older non-heavy-vocal'ed songs. Benighted, To Bid You Farewell (it was AWESOME), then they performed a Deep Purple song called Toy Soldier's, or Soldier of Fortune . . . I forget which, then they closed out the show with Face of Melinda. FoM was by far the best song that they played, the whole place went nuts as the song came to a close. I personally thought that Opeth's set was
better than the PT set - however, that is my biased opinion.

Porcupine hit the stage 10 minutes later and opened up with Blackest Eyes followed by She's Moved On. They also played a brand new song that isn't even released yet, but I won't say anything more about it. Next was Even Less. They then continued to play about 6-7 more songs then went off stage, came back out to a cheering crowd and played one more song followed by Trains to finish it off. I am a much bigger Opeth fan than PT fan, but the PT show was equally amazing as Opeth's.

Perhaps the biggest reason that this show ended up being so good was that it was in a small club that was no bigger than 50ft x 150ft (the size of the club, not the stage or the seating area). It was simply awesome.

If you have this concert coming to your area I HIGHLY recommend you spend the $25 and buy the ticket. It was one of the best concerts I have been to, for what that's worth.

Jul 28, 2003 at 11:37 AM Post #2 of 5
You lucky person!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 28, 2003 at 12:17 PM Post #3 of 5
Johnny................you are rubbing salt in NACHER's wound since Opeth blew off scheduled TUSKA festival appearance in Finland
to do their current American tour
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 28, 2003 at 6:31 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by Nacher
You lucky person!
smily_headphones1.gif

my thoughts exactly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back