Just replaced se530 order with triplefi10vi
Oct 1, 2008 at 11:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

straden

100+ Head-Fier
That's it , finally pulled the trigger
Been using shure e4c for past 3 years, and was thinking to upgrade to SE530PTH. And I did order se530 this morning but somehow I got second thought about clear highs that people are talking about the triple fi 10.
It was hard decision for me since I like bass and most of the threads that i read seems people agree that shure has better bass.
but since I am gonna be using this new IEM for my iphone3g... I chose the one with mic / music control... and called to replace the order for triple fi 10vi.

Anyone has experience with this IEM? it's suppose to be same as triple fi 10 pro just different cable right?

Oct 2, 2008 at 2:33 PM Post #5 of 16
I thought the TF10's had better bass than 530's?

Oct 2, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #6 of 16
I got my triple.fi10vi last week and I´m very satisfied.
The bass in the triples are deep with a nice slam and texture.
In my opinion they have a great sound signature.
The biggest tips and flip mod is what I ended up with.

Oct 2, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Budrow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone ever find a way to order just the cable? I can't believe UE won't release it.

That is never going to work for UE. What about people who lose/break cables? Are they going to insist on proof of purchase? In which case the TF10 pro users will just find Vi owners and get them to buy the cable for us.

I reckon that UE will make the cable available shortly. I don't see how they have an alternative.

Mar 7, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #9 of 16
I dont have the triplefi's, but I do have a pair of superfis w/ basically the same shape, & honestly, I preferred the comfort of the UE's over the Shure. I may be in the minority on this one, but Shure's tips (both olives & silicone) just seemed to exert an almost painful amount of pressure on my ear canals. I think you made a good choice.

Mar 7, 2009 at 12:14 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have the 530 and triple's. for me the 530's spank the triples good and proper

I've had both the E500's and triple's and preferred the triple's, as the treble roll off was huge on the Shure's, whereas I think the treble on the triple's is as good as there is.

Mar 7, 2009 at 1:23 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Kev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had both the E500's and triple's and preferred the triple's, as the treble roll off was huge on the Shure's, whereas I think the treble on the triple's is as good as there is.

at the high end its all down to personal preference, it really makes it impossible to say one "is better" than another. as for the highs i just find the highs on the triple to square and artificial. mids and bass for me just significantly better on the 530 too. thats not to say there is anything bad or wrong with the triples. its like arguing whats the better painting, the mona lisa or van goughs sunflowers. neither is better than the other but each are different you will prefer one or the other

Mar 7, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May depend on the type of music you listen to. Triples are FAR more transparent and balanced than SE530. Much better treble detail.

actually i find the triples really quite soft and fuzzy especially in the mid range. its why ive never bought any other UE IEM's as i just cant see them as being likely to hold anything im very interested in hearing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back