Just got the KSC-75's...
Oct 22, 2005 at 4:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

MaGG

100+ Head-Fier
I picked up an iAudio X5 20GB a month or so ago, and I was saving to get some quality IEM's, so I was suffering through using stock earbuds for a while. Well, Thursday morning I was getting out of my car to go to class, and when I went to shut my door, the right angle of the earbud hooked into my door and the door shut on it, smashing it to smithereens.

Now, I'd be pissed if it was a nice set of phones, but in this case I was just kind of annoyed to know that I'd have to waste some of my save money to go get a temp set of phones. So I decide to go check out the KSC-75's that everybody raves about. Off to Circuit City...

Yeah, I get there, and they don't have it. Nobody has it. 2 STORES IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY have it, one of which is in Washington [I'm in Tempe, AZ] and the other happens to be about 20 minutes away from where I was, and they had ONE left. I started thinking...are the general public in our secret that those headphones are that great?

So I have them hold them for me and I ditch class to go pick them up. So now I sit here listening to them, and I can see why you guys rave about them so much. For $20, they're gold. My only complaint is the amount of noise they let OUT... you can hear the headphones in the other room even at moderate volumes.

Any tips from you guys to get brighter sound out of these things? They sound good as it is, but I'll take any excuse to make them sound better
lambda.gif

Oct 22, 2005 at 4:58 PM Post #2 of 15
You want them brighter? You crazy man. You could always adjust them so they're really tight against your ear, it'll give a more forward sound.

Oct 22, 2005 at 4:59 PM Post #3 of 15
Well not necessarily brighter, I just said that because it was the first word that came to mind. Just any suggestions to make them sound better than they do, I'll take
rolleyes.gif

Oct 22, 2005 at 5:03 PM Post #4 of 15
I dunno, just let em burn in (do kosses burn in?) or something. There are some mods . . but you'd have to search for them on forum.

Oct 22, 2005 at 5:06 PM Post #5 of 15
hi mag,

some people like to cut a quarter-sized hole in the middle of the pads to bring out the mids and highs a bit more. An impedence adaptor + amp makes these a lot better as well. Also, bend the clips a bit for better fit, in my experience, they were way too loose without bending. Some people like to recable their KSC's, and I think kramer has even drilled some holes in the driver housing for better sound.

Oct 22, 2005 at 5:08 PM Post #6 of 15
Won't cutting a hole in the pads leave them susceptible to a lot more crap falling in the driver?

Oct 22, 2005 at 5:22 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaGG
Won't cutting a hole in the pads leave them susceptible to a lot more crap falling in the driver?

Yes. You could replace it by some stockings or something

Oct 22, 2005 at 9:50 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaGG
Yeah, I get there, and they don't have it. Nobody has it. 2 STORES IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY have it, one of which is in Washington [I'm in Tempe, AZ] and the other happens to be about 20 minutes away from where I was, and they had ONE left. I started thinking...are the general public in our secret that those headphones are that great?

Heh. I had quite a hard time ordering the KSC 75 or the HD 201 from online retailers. I tried Headroom, Newegg, Amazon, and buy.com. In all cases, they were on backorder, out of stock, or encountered serious delays before shipping. I guess becoming a cult phone on head-fi really does help your sales.
biggrin.gif

Oct 23, 2005 at 1:55 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
I dunno, just let em burn in (do kosses burn in?) or something. There are some mods . . but you'd have to search for them on forum.

They burn-in, but very little. It would be noticable if you took a 2-week old pair and compared it to a new pair, but really, it's still slight. One of the mods you can do is to cut a hole in the center of the pad, that should brighten it up. The other, a more advanced mod, is to actually dremel out more holes on the driver covering itself. Do a search.

Oct 23, 2005 at 7:42 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
Heh. I had quite a hard time ordering the KSC 75 or the HD 201 from online retailers. I tried Headroom, Newegg, Amazon, and buy.com. In all cases, they were on backorder, out of stock, or encountered serious delays before shipping. I guess becoming a cult phone on head-fi really does help your sales.
biggrin.gif

you can always order them from circuit city online. they usually have them in stock.

Oct 23, 2005 at 11:58 AM Post #15 of 15
Burning in helps quite a bit in case. After reading about the highly acclaimed KSC75 in the forum, right out of the box, they really disappointed me with their sound. After a 24hrs burning in, they sound much better. They really do rock now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back