Just got my V6's
Sep 5, 2002 at 3:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

SRV

New Head-Fier
i just got in my son mdr v6's, which i ordered from millionbuy.com. I've only beenable to listen to them for about twenty minutes, but i must say i am impressed. I was afraid of the treble burning my ears off from all the statements made on this forum, but i found that the treble wasn't too bad,i actually liked it. And the BASS..... everything that has been said and then some is true the bass is deep and powerful without being overwhelming. Well i'am letting them burn in now and hopefully they'll only get better, i can't wait to find out. And i just wanna thank all you guys for leading me to this purchase, i must say it is a vast improvement over my ur20's. now all i gotta do is start on my cmoy and see where i go form there......

Sep 5, 2002 at 10:05 PM Post #2 of 10
Congrats SRV
smily_headphones1.gif

Just out of curiosity, would you say that the phones have any type of radio or telephone-ish quality? My no.1 fear is just that "analytical, cold, and raw" might resemble that. Thnx.

Glad you like the phones.
cool.gif

Sep 6, 2002 at 5:35 PM Post #3 of 10
silverbolt, i too was afraid that the v6s might be a bit harsh and bright but i don't find this to be the case. I would describe them to be accurate, but in a good way. I would say they are neutral, no one part of the spectrum stands out over the rest of it, i personlly find this to be an advantage. The best way i can think of to describe the sound is to say they sound like a sound proof recording studio, all you hear is the music uncolored, and unaltered. Not sure if any of this helps you out, iam still trying to figure out how to describes sound with words.

Sep 7, 2002 at 7:13 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by jlo mein
hmmm...is it worth it to pick up the sony 7506 for $200 canadian ( about $130 US)???

no one in the US wants to buy and ship me some sony v6's...so im left going local....

I'd personally say no... they're good, and I really like my V6... but I don't think that they're $130 good
rolleyes.gif

Sep 7, 2002 at 8:03 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by a1leyez0nm3
you can get the 280 for like $80.... if you want more isolation and more soundstage...

Yea I kno. They were on my list for awhile until I eliminated them due to comfort concerns, and I'd rather not risk having to do a mod to make 'em more comfortable. Thnx for the suggestion tho.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back