Just Got My G5 Ipod!
Oct 20, 2005 at 6:20 AM Post #76 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
Nice find atx. Do you know for sure if that model works with the iPod?

Yeah, 6 bucks is good price
icon10.gif

I bet Apple will release a streamlined version of the above at 3x the cost.

Oct 20, 2005 at 11:17 AM Post #79 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by CookieFactory
I've noticed the Shuffle has some problem with this on a few rare instances though.

seconded.

Oct 20, 2005 at 6:44 PM Post #81 of 119
just ordered a white 60gb. my 3G 10gb is simply on its last legs. at least i can use my old firewire+AC for charging on the road.

Oct 20, 2005 at 6:55 PM Post #82 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax
just ordered a white 60gb. my 3G 10gb is simply on its last legs. at least i can use my old firewire+AC for charging on the road.

I registered yesterday at the Apple online store and got an email for a $30 dollar coupon for first purchase today. You can see my thread. Got 5th Gen Black 60 for $360 shipped. Granted I wont see it for a few weeks...

Oct 20, 2005 at 7:26 PM Post #83 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
I registered yesterday at the Apple online store and got an email for a $30 dollar coupon for first purchase today. You can see my thread. Got 5th Gen Black 60 for $360 shipped. Granted I wont see it for a few weeks...

hmmm... i registered at apple store too, and i got squat!
mad.gif

Oct 20, 2005 at 8:21 PM Post #84 of 119
I just got my 60GB white iPod.
vpod1.jpg

NO, I don't need them all, and YES, I will start selling some off if anyone asks.

I only had time to look at it before going to work, but the screen is awesome. It's big, bright, and sharp. Anti-aliased text is nice and clear - too bad it still looks like crap in OS X except on the new PB high res screens. The scroll wheel feels a tad small when holding it, but I like the small look, I always thought the 4G clickwheel was too big.

Here's a thickness comparison, 60GB 5G vs. 30GB 4G Photo (which is the same thickness as 20GB Photo and 3G 10/15/20GB.
vpod2.jpg

Oct 20, 2005 at 8:42 PM Post #85 of 119
Very nice pics Taphil. And by nice pics i mean you are making my wait on my order all the more agonizing.

Oct 20, 2005 at 9:04 PM Post #86 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax
hmmm... i registered at apple store too, and i got squat!
mad.gif

may take a day.. may take three days.. I think actually took me two days.. I registered late Tuesday Night and got it Thursday Afternoon. But many people on ilounge talk about using the coupon. You will only get it if it is a "new" apple.com account. Then wait two or three days you will get the coupon. This coupon can be used with student discount, making the price of the 5gen ipod 60 gig $360 shipped.

The is the best deal around as long as you are a student and you know the name of your college or school.

Oct 20, 2005 at 11:12 PM Post #89 of 119
Quote:

I'm finding the menus and interface to lag and are a abit more sluggish than the previous Ipods. Any other 5Gen Ipod owners notice this?

Yes!

btw, it took me 1.5 hour for my initial transfer, my lib is about 50GB... slower than FW, I think...

Oct 21, 2005 at 2:42 AM Post #90 of 119
Quote:

I'm finding the menus and interface to lag and are a abit more sluggish than the previous Ipods. Any other 5Gen Ipod owners notice this?

Yes, me too. Hoping for a quick firmware to sort this. Also find the scroll wheel a bit to fast for me, I shoot past my seletions a lot. I have a photo 60 gb and can control it a lot better than the new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back