Just got in my amp/dac. Surprised by the difference it makes.
Oct 28, 2010 at 12:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ClassicThunder

Head-Fier
Just wanted to say I've been burning in my Fiio e7. Its the first amp/dac I have owned and the difference it has made with my Denen D5000 is amazing. 

Most noticeably the bass is much tighter almost to the point its not boomy enough for my bass head self. The highs are also much crisper, unamped If found cymbals and 's' sounds in a few of my songs to be painfully harsh, now the songs are very enjoyable to listen to. 

Anyways I was dubious that the e7 would make any difference. Never again will I underestimate the importance of what is driving my cans. I plan to get Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 in a few months and look forward to hear how it sounds. In the mean time I suppose I should work on the quality of the actual audio files. I have a ton of poorly compressed mp3s.  

Oct 28, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #3 of 8

Quote:
Anyways I was dubious that the e7 would make any difference. Never again will I underestimate the importance of what is driving my cans. I plan to get Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 in a few months and look forward to hear how it sounds. In the mean time I suppose I should work on the quality of the actual audio files. I have a ton of poorly compressed mp3s.  

And so your long and expensive journey begins 
beerchug.gif

Oct 28, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #4 of 8
Reminds me of an innocent kid meeting the stranger with his overcoat opened to all the amps/dacs/headphones available.

This place is evil and I feel better knowing another soul is lost to the music.

Oct 28, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
Cool story, did it really need its own thread?

More of a shout-out of thanks for leading me to musical nirvana. Even if it is going to cost me an arm and leg. Also figured it would be useful information for people who may be on the fence about getting a amp or dac. 

Quote:
Reminds me of an innocent kid meeting the stranger with his overcoat opened to all the amps/dacs/headphones available.

This place is evil and I feel better knowing another soul is lost to the music.

This place is evil. 1 month and I've bough a zune HD, Denon D5000, ATH-M50, and fiio e7. I plan on waiting about half a year before any more purchases, but I'm having trouble getting the k702s out of my head. 

Oct 28, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
This place is evil. 1 month and I've bough a zune HD, Denon D5000, ATH-M50, and fiio e7. I plan on waiting about half a year before any more purchases, but I'm having trouble getting the k702s out of my head. 

I've been telling myself no more new headphones till I go to Japan to visit the in-laws but I'm still sneaking small purchases here and there.  Since I've said no more purchases for a while, I've already spent $1,500.  I need to learn to pace myself, but it's so hard when there's so much nice stuff out there that I haven't heard yet or worse, have heard and now want to want.

I remember when I first got here I lurked on the Headphone area of the FS then on the Amp section and then on the DAC section, now I look at them fairly equally.  Once you get those K702s you might end up experimenting with different amps to get the best out of those as well.  Such a vicious cycle we have here.

Oct 28, 2010 at 1:36 AM Post #8 of 8

Quote:

...Also figured it would be useful information for people who may be on the fence about getting a amp or dac... 

You figured correctly.  And my wallet would now like to thank you in advance.  Just need to straighten out a few job issues first before going overboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back