Just bought Caffeine Ultra; Enlighten me (1st amp)
Apr 8, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #92 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Tenergy fit my Caffeine, Lyrix and HeadSix - they are a tight fit in my Headroom Micro Stack, so I use the 9.6v batteried HR sells for the stack.

Thanks, HeadphoneAddict. I'll look for them on eBay. I am also interested in the 300mAh Powerex...

And, the most important thing: I got my Lyrix!!!

It's faster than I expected after reading all the comments here. I was notified 3/28, and got it 4/5, so it's 8 days including weekends. Not slow at all.

I only have about 6 hours on it, because I haven't got my battery and extra adapter. I used the adapter for my laptop to power my Lyrix, and it worked fine. However, I need to use my laptop, so I couldn't listen to my Lyrix for too long. I'll get an extra adapter soon, and batteries too.

The improvement is subtle for now. The music is "flat" when I listen directly to the laptop, and it's more full and "round" through my Lyrix. However, the difference is not dramatic. I think it'll be better after I have more hours on Lyrix. I've also read somewhere that the headphone out on IBM ThinkPad laptop is very good. If true, then this probably explains the less dramatic difference.

I can here background noise from my laptop especially when I choose high gain for HD-580. I know it's from my laptop because I don't hear any noice when I use my PDA as source. This makes me want to buy a USB DAC even more... However, I didn't notice any noise if I plug HD-580 (or other headphone) directly to my laptop. I am not sure why.

I don't have an iPod or any other MP3 player (yeah, it's hard to believe...), so I am not sure how the Lyrix performs compared to the MP3 output.

OK, I guess that's all for now. I'll update the progress I have on my Lyrix.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 8, 2008 at 11:29 PM Post #93 of 103
I posted this in another Caffeine thread, but the other day I pulled out my Caffeine Pro, and did an A/B comparison with my Headsix ($185 shipped new now). Both in low gain, with Livewires IEM, and no bass boost used.

I could hardly tell the difference between the two, they sounded almost identical. With eyes closed I am not sure I would be able to identify which is which without studying each one for a long while. It is a very good amplifier, better than I remembered. My D1 and D2 with new opamps, and my Predator and Pico are better (see my mini review USB DAC amps that included the Lyrix), but the Caffeine, Headsix and Lyrix are still pretty nice (which is why I still have them, although I might sell one or two if I ever need money badly enough).

Apr 21, 2008 at 5:50 AM Post #94 of 103
I haven't ordered the USB DAC cable from Headphonia, but found that it disappeared from the site. I am not sure why they decided to remove the listing rather than just putting something like "out of stock" there. This seems like they are not going to sell it anymore...
Anyone know anything about this?

As for my Lyrix Pro, I have only 70 hours on it, and can hear the change, in a good direction.

Apr 21, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #95 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by maxchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't ordered the USB DAC cable from Headphonia, but found that it disappeared from the site. I am not sure why they decided to remove the listing rather than just putting something like "out of stock" there. This seems like they are not going to sell it anymore...
Anyone know anything about this?

That's just what he tends to do when out of stock.

Aug 29, 2008 at 7:16 PM Post #96 of 103
So from reading the replies, I guess it takes a while for the order to be processed and item shipped? I recently sent payment and am currently on order processing.

Perhaps he makes them whenever someone sends in an order?

Aug 30, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #97 of 103
Some are build to order and ships from Germany, and sometimes he has them in stock and stored in the United States for immediate shipping. I have ordered 4 amps total from him, and they have taken anywhere from 10-17 days to arrive. But I can't guess to know when he does what or why, only that everyone always gets their amp
redface.gif

Aug 30, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #98 of 103
Yeah Im currently waiting for mine. So far 1 day to process, 3 days of "payment received", 3 days of "shipped" and then shipped again 6 days ago today. Im so excited to get it, but Im not holding my breath for today I guess.

Edit: Uuum it actually did come today
smily_headphones1.gif
Ooops!

Sep 9, 2008 at 6:55 PM Post #100 of 103
Well, I'm pretty pissed since I ordered on 8-18 and it was shipped on 8-20 and I haven't gotten an amp or a response to my email. As one person has already said, if there was time to process the payment then there was time to respond to the email. I can guarantee that no matter what sound quality I get out of my amp 2 things are going to happen. I will NOT be shopping with them again as I vote with my dollars and there will not be positive feedback left.

Sep 22, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #101 of 103
Hepcat. I had to wait quite a while for mine - it's only just arrived, but I think Robert is extremely busy trying to keep up with current demand. I had no problem with paying upfront, or waiting a few weeks, and like you, I could have done with some contact, but trust me, sit tight and be patient, it's worth the wait. :)

Oct 9, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #103 of 103
im wondering the same thing as above, my amp shipped out 7 days ago. but before i even bought it, i read that ppl said it took them a while for it to arrive. so i bought it with that in mind. so i never really expected it to arrive soon. but i would still like to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back