Just bought a Toshiba SD-P2600 ... Now tell me it doesn't suck.
Dec 10, 2012 at 2:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

m8o

Headphoneus Supremus
hehehe...

I plan to get a Cowon D3 but wanted something to play my non-ripped CDs (I have about 400 of them), plus I was asking myself why do I have to listen to my collection compressed or ripped in some lossy format all the time?  (yes, I have/rip FLAC too, and will be doing more)  So I was looking for something portable that could play music off a SD Card as well as CD and has S/PDIF out (either optical or coax). 

Then it occurred to me I should be considering DVD-Audio support (and hey, maybe getting some!).  And I discovered a few Panasonics and Toshibas tonight (DVD players). 

I Quickly pulled the trigger on an extremely little used Toshiba SD-P2600 w/o my usual period of days to weeks of agonizing deliberation of the the pros and cons.  Now please tell me it not only doesn't suck but has amazing sound?  Please?  Well, if it doesn't, it won't have cost me too much.

atsmile.gif

If you're curious, it's no longer available from Crutchfield, but they have a great page on it:  http://www.crutchfield.com/S-SJBtl0JKEUd/p_052SDP2600/Toshiba-SD-P2600.html#details-tab

Dec 10, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #3 of 8
You gotta deal!

Dec 11, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #4 of 8
So, nuth'n else?  I guess based on the hit results for "SD-P2600" (just a few mentions but now discussion) implies I shouldn't expect many/any owners.

Dec 14, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #7 of 8
Sorry, won't get to tell you.  The guy who sold it moved to Texas and he didn't realize it was still up for sale.  The item is now in storage in Cali and has not way to get to it.   So he returned me my money.  :/  I'll still definitely be getting something that does DVD-A eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back