Just a quick question
Aug 4, 2012 at 10:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Saoshyant

Headphoneus Supremus
Sorry for the probably idiotic upcoming question.  I don't really know the proper terminology for IEMs and such, so just smack me if I'm using clearing the wrong terms.

Are there any recommended aftermarket tips for IEMs for comfort?  I've yet to have tried out a single IEM I found comfortable, so I'm just going to guess my ears are either overly sensitive, or oddly shaped.  I've tried out varying sizes for the tips, the smaller ones just don't create a proper seal, but anything that does starts to ache anywhere from within an hour to within a couple minutes.  If it matters, I'm currently using a Klipsch S4.

Any suggestions, or just letting me know that I'm probably just out of luck is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Aug 5, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #2 of 9
Have you tried foams? I love my Complys.

Aug 5, 2012 at 6:11 AM Post #4 of 9
You are not alone. My ears are also very sensitive and it took me a while to find the right tips that both satisfied my desire for comfort and fit. It can also take some time to get your ears accustomed to the IEMs just as nihon said. So be patient and buy various tips that will fit your ears the best. I recommend you find the general size tip that will fit your ear and then buy other tips in that particular size.

Aug 5, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #5 of 9
I'll give the comply a try, hopefully that'll help.  I want to like IEMs due to their portability, I really do.  So far tho, just no luck on comfort as of yet.

Aug 5, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:
I'll give the comply a try, hopefully that'll help.  I want to like IEMs due to their portability, I really do.  So far tho, just no luck on comfort as of yet.

just try to get used to them first. My advice would be to go with single flange gel tips or comfly foams. bi-flanges and tri-flanges for the first time can be really hard on newcomers, it honestly feels like you are being raped in ears by your own IEMs :D try different sizes, from small and up - until you reach a good seal and even if it causes a little discomfort, try to bear with it. It just becomes natural and you won't feel a thing after some time...

Aug 5, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:
You are not alone. My ears are also very sensitive and it took me a while to find the right tips that both satisfied my desire for comfort and fit. It can also take some time to get your ears accustomed to the IEMs just as nihon said. So be patient and buy various tips that will fit your ears the best. I recommend you find the general size tip that will fit your ear and then buy other tips in that particular size.

Ich möchte versuchen  .
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 11, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #9 of 9
Hey, guys...we don't need any trouble in here...not in any language... 
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back