Jokes you have played on people
Apr 7, 2002 at 5:55 PM Post #16 of 34
I've been involved in a couple of good ones, but this recent april fools joke I'm particuarly proud of.

Here's the email sent out, on an official-looking email account, after easter break.

Quote:

Welcome back students,

While you were at home relaxing we were hard at work!!

Thanks to our newly upgraded SonicWall filter we're able to track all access to questionable materials, including those accessed through 3rd party programs such as Kazaa and Morpheus!! Obviously this will impact some of you more than others. Lists will be kept on a bi-weekly basis and sent to parents as we deem appropriate. This is part of our outreach to ensure parents that our students are focused upon their work, as well as becoming outstanding citizens.

First infractions will be punished by a letter to their advisor and parents detailing their activity. Second infractions will result in suspension of network privileges for 2 weeks in addition to the above statement.

Further actions will be dealt with on a per user basis.

Now imagine the chaos that caused in the all-guys dorm (I live in a dorm w/ girls on the upper floors, oddly enough nobody believed it n my hall. My face was so red that people thought that I was really worried about it, but in reality I was trying to keep from laughing at their scemeing plans to get around it!

Some people still don'tknow that it was an april fools joke, even though we sent out another email aout it. I'm not about to tell them.

Apr 8, 2002 at 5:44 AM Post #19 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by mbriant
Actually, I believe it's "If I told you you had a nice body, would you hold it against me?"

Hopefully that was a joke Jeff, otherwise I'd plan on a very long stretch of celibacy if I were you.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of you.

Apr 8, 2002 at 6:14 AM Post #20 of 34
This is more of a payback than a joke.

Last summer, I was over at a friends house (happens to be the cousin of my best friend). We were playing pool in his basement, and he was constantly urging me to bet with him (we used to bet dvds - winner gets to pick one from the loser's collection.) I kept saying no, and he kept prodding. Finally in the middle of a game, he said that the offer was still on the table, and I accepted. I won, and immediatly he started he started in on how I owed him a rematch (keep in mind I'm playing on his table with a pos pool cue while he uses his $150 carbon fiber "Eliminator" cue
rolleyes.gif
). What the hell, I figured, so I played him again and won. Now he says that's not fair because I broke, and he should get a chance to break. I decide I'm quitting while I'm ahead and refuse. He then absolutely refuses to give me my newly wond dvds, basially kicks me and his cousin out of his house, even with his wife and cousin urging him to give me the dvds, and has the class to moon the two of us as we drive away.
biggrin.gif

Fast forward to this past Christmas: being at school, I hadn't seen the guy since the incident. His family does a pollyanna, and my buddy informs me that his dad drew his cousin, and bought him an xbox game. My buddy was in total agreement that his cousin owed me two movies, and when I heard this I started to get ideas. I got him to switch pollyannas with his dad, and we went to bestbuy to return the game.
tongue.gif
You all know where this is going. Then we took a series of pictures of him buying me a couple of dvds, presenting them to me (nicely wrapped), and me opening them with a big smile on my face. These pictures were inserted into a dvd case (looks just like an xbox case when wrapped, or course), and a poem we wrote detailing the incident and our revenge went on the outside (wish I had it to share, I think it's on my parents computer at home.) On Christmas, they start opening pollyannas and the cousin gives me a knowing grin after looking at his "xbox game" (it was what he had asked for.) Imagine the look on his face when he opened it, read the poem aloud to his family, and looked inside to find the pics. Priceless
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 8, 2002 at 7:23 PM Post #22 of 34
Ah, I haven't played any good practical jokes, but I did manage to reflect one. Happened when I still lived in the dorms. Mine had a suite-style arrangement, so basically a short hall w/ two rooms on each side, and a shared bathroom at the end. I had gone in the bathroom to take a shower after working out. Also keep in mind that there was a bit of a step going from the hall up into the bathroom. A couple of my suitemates thought it'd be funny to pull the old trick where you fill a big garbage can up w/ water, then prop it up against the outside of the bathroom door. What's supposed to happen is the person inside should yank the door really hard to get it open and the water should soak the lower half of him. Well, unfortunately for my suitemates, I tend to be the cautious type. So when I felt extra resistance against the door, I only opened it enough to be able to peek out. This was just enough to make the garbage can tip over. Since the door was mostly closed, I stayed perfectly dry, while all the water deflected off the door and step, and ran back down the hall into all three of my suitemate's rooms! My room just happened to stay perfectly dry. They spent the next 30 minutes mopping it up. HA, victory is mine!
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2002 at 7:32 PM Post #23 of 34
I've pulled at bunch of gay pranks at my residence. My favorite was we ducked taped half my friends stuff to her ceiling lol, and she couldn't even reach them (of course I could hehe). :p

And she wasn't to happy when her bed went missing either lol...

Biggie.

Apr 9, 2002 at 7:53 PM Post #24 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by Joe Bloggs

I just don't get this one
confused.gif
Is it something to do with the name, Phil McHunt?
confused.gif

No, no, you've got it wrong. You are supposed to go to a bar and ask the waitress to page Mike Hunt.

Sample:

"Is Mike Hunt" here?" "Has anyone seen Mike Hunt"

It's from the movie "Porky's"

Apr 10, 2002 at 10:35 AM Post #25 of 34
My friends and I could go on and on with pranks...

I've had all my furniture stacked in my room to block my door (they climbed out the window).

We also used to get a kick out of bageling each others doorknobs. You see, the cafeteria bagels *bleh* got ROCK HARD after about 8 hours, so we'd cut one side while it was soft, and wrap it around someone's doorknob when they had a long day of class.

Aide from room pranks though, the only real trick I've pulled is calling adult phone sex lines and transferring the call to a neighboring cubicle at work. Pretty funny watching the reaction they get when they first start listening.

Apr 11, 2002 at 11:05 PM Post #26 of 34
The worst thing I ever did was when I went to a frat party at U of IL. An acquaintance came to visit (that I never really cared for) and, as usual, got **** faced drunk and obnoxious (so much so, even the frat boys noticed). He passed out on the front lawn, and we thought we were in the clear for awhile. About an hour later, he got up and started screaming that he wanted to go home. Well, we were all extremely enibriated, and one of the frat boys asked where he lived and he responded "Springfield". So, we loaded him up in the car, went to the train station, and put him on a freight car on a train that was heading the right direction. Apparently, he woke up somewhere just West of Decatur, IL, about 50 miles away. Funny, I never saw him again after that...

Apr 12, 2002 at 12:52 AM Post #27 of 34
Hmm.....I've done so many...........

The best has to be when a kid asked me if I were, "black or something?"

I was just not in the mood, so I threw him an evil glare and said, "yes.................I am."

Now, I may have a dark complexion, but I in no way resemble an african-american any more than any caucasian (the kid was a dumb-arse!).

Well, it suffices to say he thinks I'm black to this day.......he even asked me if my ancestors had been slaves (i think slavery is bad, man)

Apr 12, 2002 at 1:59 AM Post #29 of 34
I once worked with the biggest jerk I have ever met.This kid was really cocky and thought he knew everything.that kind of attitude will get you killed quick in the firefighting business.Firehouses are notorious for some really brutal pranks but this guy was clued in pretty well and we thought we would never be able to get him.

One day he he was on his laptop online and he was called to a fire.He left his laptop logged in to a millitary forum that he visited frequently(he is an ex-MARINE).The format of this forum is almost exactly the same as head-fi and posts are made in the same way.Well,while he was gone someone logged on and posted a "coming out" post,using his already logged in ID.It was so awful.He admitted to his first gay sexual experience.he talked about having fantasies while he was still active in the MARINES.He described in graphic detail all the people he wanted to have sex with including Colin Powell,Marlon Brando,Liberace and Don Johson.It was so terrible.When he got back his turn on the phone line was up(we take turns)so he did not find out about this post until the next day after there were over 200 replies!! I logged on to the site myself for the next few days to witness the fallout.I have never seen such brutality.there is nothing worse than admitting a homosexual fantasy to a bunch of MARINES.Priceless and well worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back