Joaquin Phoenix: Mr. Hip-Hop?
Feb 14, 2009 at 12:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

Signal2Noise

Headphoneus Supremus
Feb 14, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #2 of 42
Phoenix would pimp his mom if it got him some press.

Strictly for the birds and the tabloids that one.

Feb 14, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #3 of 42
I watched it was I am not sure it was staged. I don't know much about him though. Does he seek publicity in weird ways normally?

Either way, the whole interview was quite awkward...made me a little uncomfortable.

Feb 14, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #4 of 42
it was a staged event. although you don't hear it in that version, if you look around on youtube, you'll find a version where at the very end of the interview letterman leans over and says "good job" or something like that (forgot what exactly). but even without that, it's pretty obvious that it was staged. weird but funny imo
biggrin.gif

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4c0_1234479524 @ ~9:50

Feb 14, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #6 of 42
I don't know man... Phoenix seemed to be wacked out on some goofballs or something. Even as good an actor as he is he ain't that good. Unless he is doing a movie soon about a paranoid drug addict or something...why act like that?

Feb 14, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #7 of 42
He can't act.
Period!

I can only hope and pray he follows through on his delicious threat to get out of acting.

Feb 14, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #8 of 42
I think he is a good actor, a very good one in fact.

I never saw this interview but it can't be as weird as the one Letterman did with Oliver Reed way back who showed up drunk and belligerent. I've seen a few weird ones with Letterman though so that is why I think they are all probably staged in some way. Never seen a weird one with Leno so why always Letterman?

Feb 14, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #11 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think he is a good actor, a very good one in fact.

I can only surmise you hold the thespian profession in deep contempt.

There are actors and Tinseltown dilettantes.
Phoenix firmly belongs in the latter category.

Anyone left under the erroneous impression the poor dolt can act should be hog tied in front of a TV playing Gladiator on a permanent loop.

Feb 14, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #12 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually,

Word is that he has been working with Snoop and Sean Combs (puff daddy).

Well there you go. Snoop got him on that gin and joosh......heehehhee
urrbody got day cup but day ain't chipped in

Feb 18, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #14 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by IceClass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can only surmise you hold the thespian profession in deep contempt.

There are actors and Tinseltown dilettantes.
Phoenix firmly belongs in the latter category.

Anyone left under the erroneous impression the poor dolt can act should be hog tied in front of a TV playing Gladiator on a permanent loop.

Oh well, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it but that doesn't mean you are right either. In fact, my opinion is that you are completely wrong.

Feb 18, 2009 at 11:02 AM Post #15 of 42
Just my opinion of course, but I think in the case of Gladiator it wasn't that Phoenix's acting was bad as much as it was a case of not so good casting. I think they probably could have found a better fitting actor for the role of Commodus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back