JH5 or Reshell TF10
Aug 17, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #16 of 17
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. Does anyone else have any insight here? I just got the TF10's and am considering reshelling them. The first listens with the TF10's blew me away. But I feel like my ears are already getting used to the sound. I upgraded from er-6i's. Should I make the jump to entry-level customs like the JH5's?

I know JH5's have only two drivers and TF10's have 3. Has anyone listened to both? I'm thinking the JH5's might sound better because they're supposed to be custom fit.

I figure TF10s + impressions + reshell + rewire is about the same as JH5's. Looking to make an investment here. And I don't really have the money right now to go beyond the JH5's. I would rather enjoy my next set for many years before looking for a step-up in SQ

Aug 18, 2011 at 3:04 AM Post #17 of 17
I have the same problem as you, I decided to go the reshelling way because I got the TF10s for $100 and reshelling is about $120 here. (I'm in Hong Kong over the summer and I suppose Unique Melody is a lot closer) I considered the JH5s because I thought two drivers was a downgrade and I already had the TF10s. If you love the sound of the TF10, there's no point to not keep them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back