JH13s -- Water Damage -- Fix or Replace?
Jun 24, 2013 at 12:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

JarodL1

100+ Head-Fier
My JH13s got sent through the washing machine yesterday and despite my best efforts to revive them, they need to get fixed.

Before I send these back to JH to get fixed (if they can), I thought I might look into upgrading to something else.  I have had these for about 4 years now (I think) and am not too familiar with what has come out since so I spent the morning reading through threads/reviews and the following seem to pop up as being potential "upgrades":

- JH Audio 13 Freqphase -- the JH16s seem to get somewhat mixed reviews and might be a little too bassy for my needs.  The freqphase models seem to be getting favorable reviews compared to the older models like mine.
- Heir 8a.  Promising reviews but shipping ear molds to China and the long wait time seems like a pain.
- Ultimate Ears Personal Reference Monitors -- Not too crazy about these.  I think Logitech makes crap products and I don't think the whole fine tuning to my preferences would be worthwhile.  They also seem overpriced.

I use my IEMs unamped.  I listen to mostly rock, edm, rap.  No classical music at all.

The choices since I purchased my JH13s seems to have grown exponentially.  Am I leaving anything off my list that are considered "better" then what I have listed?  Are the Heirs that much different to the new JH13s, and based on my music preferences would it be a smart choice?

Thanks for any help.

Jun 24, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #3 of 7
Thanks, I read that and it helped me develop my list.  Hoping someone might chime in with a little advice specific to my musical tastes.

The more I read, the more it seems like the new JH13 model would be a good fit.

Jun 24, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #4 of 7
BAs are very vulnerable to water, only thing I could think of would be hearing aid dryer or desiccant but it probably got the dampened wet..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back