JH13 + iPhone 4S without amp DOABLE?
Dec 3, 2012 at 4:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

abcyber

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys!

I am currently using Klipsch X10 + iPhone 4S. The X10 quite surprised me that I don't need an amp for it, the quality turns out pretty good, as wells as pairing the X10 with my thinkpad laptop.

Now I am thinking of getting a JH13. The only thing I concern about is that if iPhone 4S can drive the JH13 w/o an amp well.

English is not my first language, so if you cannot clearly get what I wrote above, please let me know:) I'll respond asap!

Thank you!

Dec 3, 2012 at 4:43 AM Post #2 of 6
Hi there. Theoretically speaking most IEMs are created with portability in mind, so apparently the X10 and even the JH13 will work well without the bulk of an amp. However, with top flight universals and high end customs, more sonic benefits can be realised with the use of one.

Dec 3, 2012 at 4:48 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
Hi there. Theoretically speaking most IEMs are created with portability in mind, so apparently the X10 and even the JH13 will work well without the bulk of an amp. However, with top flight universals and high end customs, more sonic benefits can be realised with the use of one.

Thank you for the comment.
So here comes to another question: if I have it quipped with an amp(say a 100USD one), what will the quality enhance in percent?
I know this question is a little bit odd:/

Dec 3, 2012 at 6:02 AM Post #4 of 6
Sorry but I guess quantifying sonic qualities is an impossible task, especially when people's preferences vary so much. What I can tell you though, is that even with the most bang for buck amp out there, an $100 is pretty much sub-standard at this level when you add it into the chain. Garbage in, garbage out applies.

But that is not to say that even the best amp would do the job, since compatibility with the IEM's own sound signature should also be taken into account. The JH13 is generally described to be fairly neutral, so my wild speculation here is that it's important to pick an amp that works well with your genres of music.

Dec 4, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
Sorry but I guess quantifying sonic qualities is an impossible task, especially when people's preferences vary so much. What I can tell you though, is that even with the most bang for buck amp out there, an $100 is pretty much sub-standard at this level when you add it into the chain. Garbage in, garbage out applies.

But that is not to say that even the best amp would do the job, since compatibility with the IEM's own sound signature should also be taken into account. The JH13 is generally described to be fairly neutral, so my wild speculation here is that it's important to pick an amp that works well with your genres of music.

Thank you for commenting.

I get what you said. So I guess I will get the amp specific for JH13 from JH if I really need to get one.

Thanks a gain!

Dec 4, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #6 of 6
I say try the JH13 without the amplifier.  You'll most likely be happy.  Wait around to audition a portable amp that someone might have nearby, then see what you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back