JH10x3 vs JH13
Aug 8, 2009 at 1:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

.coco

500+ Head-Fier
So I am looking to sell off my current IEMs and pick up a set of customs. After a bit of research, JH Audio seems to have really stood out of the bunch.

Right now I am pretty torn between their two IEMs, the JH10x3 and JH13. After a lot of listening experience, I have found that I do enjoy a bit more of a colorful sound, rather than something that is totally neutral. I listen to most types of rock, excluding metal, and a limited amount of rap. I am worried that the JH13 will be very very neutral because it is such a high end piece. Although that is technically very good, it is not what makes me want to shout.

I am a little concerned about the very low resistance of the JH10x3. I want something that I can listen to directly out of my iPhone 3G or iPod Touch 2G without any hiss. I may buy either a Pico Slim or RSA Shadow, but even if I buy one, a lot of my listening will be done straight through the headphone out of either of the devices. Also, Please don't turn this into a "you must amp" thread. I know the benefits of an amp, but in truth, I will not use a portable amp 1/2 the time because it is just impractical for me.

Aug 8, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #2 of 22
do consider JH11pro for your music genre. i tried the JH11 demo, it is faster (not as fast as JH13), punchier bass, more airy, layered low end freq response compared to UE11pro demo.

JH13 is more neutral, accurate, spacious and airy. JH10X3 is like a small brother compared to JH13.

PS: sorry abit out of topic. maybe you can check with HPA, he has iphone 3gs and the JH13

Aug 8, 2009 at 6:30 AM Post #5 of 22
If you're going to go JH, go all the way. Otherwise, you'll just be going through this all over again. The best way to deal with hi-fi restlessness is to simply kill it off with the right purchase. Give it nowhere to go.

Aug 8, 2009 at 12:14 PM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well the 10x3 will definetly hiss out of any hp jack. More then that, you won't be dissapointed with either one.

Does that even include out of an amp jack?

I did notice that APureSound sells resistance adapters. Would it work if I just bought an 75ohm one of those and plugged it onto the end of the 10x3? Would that degrade sound quality at all?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The demos of the 10x3, 11, and 13 will be at tomorrow's Bay Area meet. Check the impressions thread that will surely pop up, and see what people have to say about the differences.

thanks, will keep an eye out

May 9, 2010 at 1:36 AM Post #7 of 22

Quote:
Well the 10x3 will definetly hiss out of any hp jack. More then that, you won't be dissapointed with either one.

What does that mean, exactly?  Any headphone jack?  Hiss comes from something being overdriven further back in the audio chain, not from headphones.  Unless you mean these are extra sensitive or super easy to drive...

May 9, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #8 of 22

Quote:
If you're going to go JH, go all the way. Otherwise, you'll just be going through this all over again. The best way to deal with hi-fi restlessness is to simply kill it off with the right purchase. Give it nowhere to go.

+1. This could be extended to any type of purchase - you always stand the risk of being unsatisfied with a middle of the road purchase, either because it's not as good or because you should have spent less. If you're already nearing a grand (or more after impressions) why not go for the top of the top?

May 10, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #9 of 22
^^^ im not 100% sure I agree with this.I am in the process of researching customs and when I was conversing with Brittany about my experience, musical preferences, and expectations, she actually wrote that she thinks the 10x3 would be perfect for me. I wrote back thanking her and was surprised she didn't lean me towards the 13s as those were in the conversation. I think I, personally am going to order the 10x3 based on my research, and the fact JH representation reccomended them for me. The 10x3 actually makes perfect sense for me.Re- fits will be my only concern once I pull the trigger...

May 10, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #11 of 22

Quote:
As a former TF10/IE8/D7000 user, JH13 has lots of bass to be fun enough to me. Your requirements may differ, esp if you're expecting IE8/Atrio/FX500 bass levels. Then again there's always JH16 which has more bass than JH13...

Do you find the JH13 Pro to have more bass than the D7000?

May 11, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #12 of 22
Imho, 10x3 = the most neutral (earphone I've ever tried), 13 = slightly hyped (but only in a good/fun way), 11 = boomy (too much for me).

But you (OP) should not be taking anyone's word for it. The wise approach would be to take a day trip (or more) down to Portland and audition the full line (including the 5 and 7) at the 32 Ohm store.

May 11, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #14 of 22

Quote:

biggrin.gif

May 11, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #15 of 22

Quote:

Disagree. People should be looking a lot more at JH5's, rather than limiting themselves to universals in the same price range. Currently there seems to be this mentality of "I won't look at BMWs unless I can have an M5."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back