JH Audio's continued collaboration with A&K: Introducing Layla & Angie
Dec 19, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #76 of 182
@warrenpchi Thanks for your impressions. I'm very interested to audition the Layla now. May I ask how they compare with the K10 in overall clarity, soundstaging and imaging? Thanks in advance!

Anyway, I feel somewhat disappointed that the Roxanne was supplanted this soon. I actually bought them with the knowledge that it would say as a flagship for at least another year. To be perfectly frank, if I had known the Layla would be introduced this soon, I would have held off my purchase of the Roxanne, until I had an opportunity to audition both. In fact, my Roxanne only arrived today, so this all feels a bit like a knife in the back.

And yes, I know JHA are a profit-making company first and foremost, but c'mon, that was a bit of a low blow.

Dec 19, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #78 of 182
  Hmmmm - higher sound density - does that mean I can play more than one song at a time and absorb the meaning of both sets of lyrics at the same time? Nine Inch Nails & Katy Perry? Metallica & Miley Cyrus? Talk about mixed emotions 
eek.gif

Maybe you can listen to Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus at the same time while you conjure 'Fire Balls'. Its supposed to be a magical relic since they costs this much, umm.. no?

Dec 19, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #79 of 182
I have to agree with the majority of HF'ers here being pissed off. I also just picked up the Roxanne 3 months ago, (even thought it has been out for well over an year) thinking it would not be superseded with anything for a while, not less than an year. What the hell is going on in the minds at JH? "Hmmm....let's just charge double the price and see how many people we can disappoint!" What a crock. If this doesn't make you feel like your money and investment ISN'T appreciated, I don't know what else to say.  

Dec 19, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #80 of 182
Why buy the Angie when you can buy the next flagship 12 months from now? Something to think about. 

The only interesting thing here is the Layla. The Angie is clearly overpriced and according to Jude somewhat flat/dry compared to previous models. I guess its supposed to be if its for engineers. That being said, I don't really like JH Audio after all the nonsense they've pulled over the years, so I don't think I'll give them any more money. Too many other options these days. 

Dec 19, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #81 of 182
I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt for Layla when it comes out, but JH is treading on thin ice in my book.

Dec 19, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #82 of 182
  I have to agree with the majority of HF'ers here being pissed off. I also just picked up the Roxanne 3 months ago, (even thought it has been out for well over an year) thinking it would not be superseded with anything for a while, not less than an year. What the hell is going on in the minds at JH? "Hmmm....let's just charge double the price and see how many people we can disappoint!" What a crock. If this doesn't make you feel like your money and investment ISN'T appreciated, I don't know what else to say.  

Really? That's why you bought them? Not for the wonderful sound they put out?

Dec 19, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #83 of 182
Well, I did not have the opportunity to even try them out before. I do however, put in a ton of research before buying. The Rox do sound great...however, the fact that they are already being kicked to the curb for another IEM doesn't really sit well in my opinion. (As well as others opinions as well from what is being written on the boards.) It's not writing anything on here is going to affect the release/production. I am not the only one who feels this way about JH and the release of yet another "totl iem"...can't help but feel like my money means nothing to a company that claims to churn out and turnover their IEMS without much remorse. 

Dec 19, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #85 of 182
I'll be giving a call to JHA on monday. Considering I ordered my Roxannes last year and waited 7 months for them, only to hear about a replacement come along is quite annoying... (it has been said that Roxanne would be the flagship from day one)

Jerry Harvey would be very unwise to not accommodate to Roxanne CF CIEM owners...

It's a good test for this company... which I am finding quite mediocre after all their missteps... 

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Dec 19, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #86 of 182
I'll be giving a call to JHA on monday. Considering I ordered my Roxannes last year and waited 7 months for them, only to hear about a replacement come along is quite annoying... (it has been said that Roxanne would be the flagship from day one)

Jerry Harvey would be very unwise to not accommodate to Roxanne CF CIEM owners...

It's a good test for this company... which I am finding quite mediocre after all their missteps... 
I think you should write an email with a common signature of all the Roxanne owners who feel pissed. You can count me in.

Dec 19, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #87 of 182
  When you're spending this kind of money for IEMs, it's not just about sounding good, it's also about having the best. That's just the harsh reality of it.

Really, I thought it was about good sound.... And don't you think it's a little bit biased to declare something as better because it costs more? Sure, JHA calls it the flagship (how else can they justify the higher price), but that doesn't mean it will be your cup of tea. For example, there are many more expensive football boots than the ones I wear, but I don't like them because they are not as comfortable. I don't care that they cost more and they supposedly should be better. How about applying that principle to this instead of going after the most expensive dangling carrot like a blind mule?

Here's another example for you: I tried the JPS Labs Abyss and I think it sounds like ****.

Dec 19, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #88 of 182

Please feel free to report back on their response. I am very curious what it might be. If I had to put money on it, I'd guess they will not accommodate you, but I've been surprised before. Good luck! 

Dec 19, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #89 of 182

Really, I thought it was about good sound.... And don't you think it's a little bit biased to declare something as better because it costs more? Sure, JHA calls it the flagship (how else can they justify the higher price), but that doesn't mean it will be your cup of tea. For example, there are many more expensive football boots than the ones I wear, but I don't like them because they are not as comfortable. I don't care that they cost more and they supposedly should be better. How about applying that principle to this instead of going after the most expensive dangling carrot like a blind mule?

Here's another example for you: I tried the JPS Labs Abyss and I think it sounds like ****.

People want what costs the most because the price is the first indication of a product's quality, that and it's just human nature to want the best and be able to enjoy the idea of owning the best for an amount of time, especially when said product associated with their favorite hobby. Be honest, would as many people buy into the Roxannes in the first place if it wasn't marketed as the best of the best? Your rationality is valid, but everyone's behavior is different. And everyone is guilty of being biased. There's no such thing as absolute objectivity unless it has something to do with mathematics & the like. 

Dec 19, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #90 of 182
  People want what costs the most because the price is the first indication of a product's quality, that and it's just human nature to want the best and be able to enjoy the idea of owning the best for an amount of time, especially when said product associated with their favorite hobby. Be honest, would as many people buy into the Roxannes in the first place if it wasn't marketed as the best of the best? Your rationality is valid, but everyone's behavior is different. And everyone is guilty of being biased. There's no such thing as absolute objectivity unless it has something to do with mathematics & the like. 

Besides objectivity there such a thing as being satisfied, or content, and to believe that you enjoy what you've got, not the idea of it being the best. That is something that snobs do. If you want to classify yourself as part of that group, all power to you.

But I gotta tell you, this is the wrong hobby to be in if you have the kind of personality. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back