JH Audio JH5pro thread
Mar 30, 2010 at 2:40 AM Post #406 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIGF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for your fast response. I think I am going to take the plunge in a month or two, got to save some money first. The ER6i are very comfortable though, and are my alternative when my other headphones get overbearing.

Well to be honest, if you really dig the highs of the er.6i's, I would save up for the 13 pro. You are not gonna get highs like that in the 5's. I would email jerry and ask him what set has highs that compare to them!

Mar 30, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #408 of 1,217
Hey guys how far a drop is it from the JH13/16 to the JH5? Do you get say 80% of the JH13 in the JH5?

Mar 31, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #409 of 1,217
I have read on the Jude JH16 review thread that the JH5 is about 50% percent of what the JH13 is, but that was just an impression of someone who compared the universal JH5 demo to the custom JH16.

Apr 27, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #410 of 1,217
my jh5s, sorry for the blurry pic, only have my phone camera
frown.gif

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Hmm.. it seems that my right earpiece sticks out a little further than my left.
I'll take more pictures later

May 26, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #411 of 1,217
Just received my JH5 Pro today. First impressions are very positive! Wasn't wow'ed, but then again, haven't been wow'ed since I received my AKGs. I'll do a full write up with my impressions and photos in a couple of weeks. I'm leaving for Australia this Friday so I get a full 24 hours of plane time to put these bad boys to the test!

Jun 1, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #413 of 1,217
Aren't there any single reviews done on the JH5's...?

It's been some time, and I think these peeps need some back-up. Personally for me I've heard a demo 'universal' unit only, so that means I don't have much bragging rights either, but I'd say that sound, sounds more musical than the Livewire Trips which I currently own.

Jul 14, 2010 at 3:53 AM Post #415 of 1,217
If I'm not wrong, you can demo them at http://www.rockstarears.com/ , where you can also buy the custom's, and if you do, the impressions and shipping(not sure about shipping) are free since Frances Miranda is an official seller of JH Audio custom's.

Aug 11, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #417 of 1,217
Just figured I would toss in my experience with these little guys. I'm somewhat new to higher-end audio stuff and although the JH5s are not obviously the best IEMs on the market or anything, they were certainly a huge step for me having come from cheap Best Buy buds run through my iPhone. They just got here earlier this afternoon and I have been listening to them non-stop since I pulled them out of the box. Compared to where I was before, these sound absolutely incredible. I can only imagine what the 13s or 16s sound like...maybe in a few years when I escape the "poor college student" lifestyle. =P The fit is, as far as I can tell, very good. If I contort my face in a way that's completely unnatural I can get the seal to break, but I really have to work at it. That seems good enough for me!

As far as sound quality goes, I don't really know enough about audio to be as specific as most people on this site. However, bass response seems awesome, loud and thumping in songs where it is supposed to be and nicely refined at other times. Vocals come through nice and clean, taking their place at the front of the sound. Highs are perhaps the weakest out of the three so far...still sounding good but not as separated from the sound as a whole as bass / mids. Overall though I am so impressed by how good they sound and would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a killer sound on a budget.

In case anyone is curious, here is my timetable in terms of how long it took me to get them.
Ordered: July 26th, molds shipped out the next day.
Earmolds Received: August 2nd.
In The Lab: August 4th.
Shipped: August 6th at the very end of the day.
At My Doorstep: August 11th. (Those 5 days felt like forever!)

So a little longer than two weeks from start to finish, slowed down by shipping speed and things of the like.

Aug 11, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #418 of 1,217
Great stuff. I guess this decides it ; definitely going for JH5 over the Mages, simply due to lower costs and local support. I too am a college going student, so can't afford to spend too much.

Aug 12, 2010 at 9:31 AM Post #420 of 1,217

Thaks, when i had a dem of them, One of the things I like most about them is how the ranges didn't take on a character of their own. Extremely integrated. I think the highs not calling attention to themselves a good thing.

Quote:
Just figured I would toss in my experience with these little guys. I'm somewhat new to higher-end audio stuff and although the JH5s are not obviously the best IEMs on the market or anything, they were certainly a huge step for me having come from cheap Best Buy buds run through my iPhone. They just got here earlier this afternoon and I have been listening to them non-stop since I pulled them out of the box. Compared to where I was before, these sound absolutely incredible. I can only imagine what the 13s or 16s sound like...maybe in a few years when I escape the "poor college student" lifestyle. =P The fit is, as far as I can tell, very good. If I contort my face in a way that's completely unnatural I can get the seal to break, but I really have to work at it. That seems good enough for me!

As far as sound quality goes, I don't really know enough about audio to be as specific as most people on this site. However, bass response seems awesome, loud and thumping in songs where it is supposed to be and nicely refined at other times. Vocals come through nice and clean, taking their place at the front of the sound. Highs are perhaps the weakest out of the three so far...still sounding good but not as separated from the sound as a whole as bass / mids. Overall though I am so impressed by how good they sound and would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a killer sound on a budget.

In case anyone is curious, here is my timetable in terms of how long it took me to get them.
Ordered: July 26th, molds shipped out the next day.
Earmolds Received: August 2nd.
In The Lab: August 4th.
Shipped: August 6th at the very end of the day.
At My Doorstep: August 11th. (Those 5 days felt like forever!)

So a little longer than two weeks from start to finish, slowed down by shipping speed and things of the like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back