JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Mar 29, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #2,899 of 3,787
18! He is the man! lol

Quote:
I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned on this thread but for good measure I'll add it.  User average_joe did a wonderful comparison of many iem cables in this thread which may prove very useful to you.  I think there are about thirteen in there.

Apr 2, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #2,900 of 3,787

Quote:
I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned on this thread but for good measure I'll add it.  User average_joe did a wonderful comparison of many iem cables in this thread which may prove very useful to you.  I think there are about thirteen in there.

Thanks...this is really helpful!!!  I'm glad that I order the cable from Chris...but he's too busy!!
I CAN"T WAIT!!!

Apr 2, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #2,901 of 3,787
I'm getting my JH16s in a couple of days, I am pumped!

Apr 16, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #2,903 of 3,787

Quote:
I'm getting my JH16s in a couple of days, I am pumped!

Getting mine end of April!!!  Also have my Chris_Himself cables coming in about a week.  Will use with HM801 with GAME card.  Don't have much nails left to bite on in anticipation... Any recommendations as to which piece of Hi-def music I need to inaugurate all this ear-candy with to blow of my mind (and make me feel better about paying an arm and a leg for all this gear) right from the start?

Apr 16, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #2,904 of 3,787
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOJqicM6x84
Quote:
Getting mine end of April!!!  Also have my Chris_Himself cables coming in about a week.  Will use with HM801 with GAME card.  Don't have much nails left to bite on in anticipation... Any recommendations as to which piece of Hi-def music I need to inaugurate all this ear-candy with to blow of my mind (and make me feel better about paying an arm and a leg for all this gear) right from the start?

Apr 26, 2012 at 5:46 AM Post #2,906 of 3,787
Hi All

Just thought I’d post to say thanks to the information I have learned from lurking / reading and researching over the past couple of months at HeadFi I took a leap of faith (a very expensive one) on all of your reviews and comments and purchased a pair of 16s ....yesterday they finally turned up.
My background is from reasonable Hi-Fi when I was younger (I’m 40 now) Rotel, Marantz, Teac etc. Separates just stereo, then I moved on to home cinema in my late 20s Lexicon, Kef, Sony. I love big sound and deep bass with lots of detail which is why I went for the 16s over the 13s.
All I can say about the 16s is WOW amazing clarity detail and bass extension I’m so glad I took the time to search through previous posts here to find out your experiences and preferences which pushed me to purchase these CIEM there worth every penny.

(Pictures taken on a Samsung GS2)

My initial order went in on the 4th of April I went for the 5 day turn around and had my impressions done at Hand Held Audio (UK), 5 days later I went back to pick up my new ears but there was a mix up at JH my order had been made with the wrong impressions (I have dumbo ears) they were way too small, I wasn’t happy to say the least but thanks to Nick and the rest of his team he sent new impressions off and I received my new ears yesterday and they fit perfectly.

Now on to the next problem I’m currently using a 5th gen iPod (60gig) I have all of my music in Apple Lossless but I’ve been thinking of buying a more substantial “Transportable” rig I have approximately £1200 in my budget but I’m not sure which path to take.

• Hp-p1
  • CLAS & Amp
  • IBaso DX100

I'll probably pick up a 160gb Ipod soon as its my birthday next month (the misses will pay for it) so take that out of the question money wise (i know ill need it for compatibility issues).
I want it to be as portable as it can be with the possibility to run a pair of full size cans in the future (maybe LCD2s or HD800) please bear in mind I’m from the UK so certain products may be out of the question for me. My listening preferences is everything apart from heavy metal and Indi.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Apr 26, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #2,907 of 3,787

Quote:
Hi All

Just thought I’d post to say thanks to the information I have learned from lurking / reading and researching over the past couple of months at HeadFi I took a leap of faith (a very expensive one) on all of your reviews and comments and purchased a pair of 16s ....yesterday they finally turned up.
My background is from reasonable Hi-Fi when I was younger (I’m 40 now) Rotel, Marantz, Teac etc. Separates just stereo, then I moved on to home cinema in my late 20s Lexicon, Kef, Sony. I love big sound and deep bass with lots of detail which is why I went for the 16s over the 13s.
All I can say about the 16s is WOW amazing clarity detail and bass extension I’m so glad I took the time to search through previous posts here to find out your experiences and preferences which pushed me to purchase these CIEM there worth every penny.

(Pictures taken on a Samsung GS2)

My initial order went in on the 4th of April I went for the 5 day turn around and had my impressions done at Hand Held Audio (UK), 5 days later I went back to pick up my new ears but there was a mix up at JH my order had been made with the wrong impressions (I have dumbo ears) they were way too small, I wasn’t happy to say the least but thanks to Nick and the rest of his team he sent new impressions off and I received my new ears yesterday and they fit perfectly.

Now on to the next problem I’m currently using a 5th gen iPod (60gig) I have all of my music in Apple Lossless but I’ve been thinking of buying a more substantial “Transportable” rig I have approximately £1200 in my budget but I’m not sure which path to take.

• Hp-p1
  • CLAS & Amp
  • IBaso DX100

I'll probably pick up a 160gb Ipod soon as its my birthday next month (the misses will pay for it) so take that out of the question money wise (i know ill need it for compatibility issues).
I want it to be as portable as it can be with the possibility to run a pair of full size cans in the future (maybe LCD2s or HD800) please bear in mind I’m from the UK so certain products may be out of the question for me. My listening preferences is everything apart from heavy metal and Indi.

Thanks for your help in advance.

All of those amps/DAP you mentioned are generally rip offs. Go for the JDS Labs Objective2 ( $165 ) amplifier which most likely measures better than those 3 devices and never look back.

Apr 26, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #2,908 of 3,787
I love my CLAS and iBasso Pb2 but I am hearing awesome reviews from another headfier who used to have the CLAS and now has the iBasso dx100. I am hoping the alo rx3 sounds as good. Cheers

Apr 26, 2012 at 9:22 AM Post #2,909 of 3,787
Thanks for the input, i was looking into the rx3 too, any idea when they will be available to buy.

Since the Dx100 can play Apple lossless it is tempting, the only thing that worries me about it is damage... if i dropped an ipod i could replace it easily where as if i dropped the IBasso this wouldn't be the case (+ i would cry much more).

Apr 26, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #2,910 of 3,787

Quote:
Please guys, I need your input. It seems like years now that the JH-3A was being dragged through the trenches on Head-Fi but becuae of delays (amongst other things) the product has taken a back seat to other and newer Head-Fi products. For those of you with the JH-16s, does the JH-3A make that much of a difference? Apparently the JH-3A is different from what it was originally engineered to be. Your insights are welcome...

+1. JH just received my impressions so I think I could still go the JH3 route. Has anyone actually tried both setups with and without 3A? Has anyone used the adapter cable you can get with the 3A 16s and A/B'd them and can report back on sonic differences? Searched all over the forums but info is very sketchy on this particular subject. TIA>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back