JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Aug 18, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #3,706 of 10,747
I get packages internationally on a very regular basis that take on average 3 days and sometimes two. The cost runs from 13 dollars to 29 with some packages weighing a little over a pound. I would think 75 would get you next day to most anywhere. For shipping my packages are EMS and DHL and it works great as does the tracking. Zero problems.

Aug 18, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #3,708 of 10,747
I have bought on 3 occasions from ibasso who use DHL. I know some have had issue but on all 3 occasions my parcel was delivered within 3-4 days and that cost $24, the tracking was also excellent and my package never seemed to be anywhere for more than a few hours.

Like I said, I don't know what I was charged yet but even the lowest tarriff ($30) would get you a better service than UPS Expedited elsewhere, maybe they haven't had time yet to tweak this part of the business yet.

Aug 18, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #3,709 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by jelt2359 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Turns out mine was also just sitting in the UPS warehouse in KY for the last 3 days. It just updated with a departure scan after 3 days. I suspect it isn't the tracking that is utter poo- I think UPS is just slow.

UPS is utter poop, Purolator, Canadapost [Nice people =) ], USPS, FEDEX, EMS (ABSOLUTELY AWESOME, TRACKING FOR THEM IS AMAZING) Colissimo (Well duh...the only service they have is 48h delivery and if it doesn't make it in time they'll refund...) are much better shippers. UPS is the one that always charges me custom fees (which is a utter...poop...) and they're slow at shipping, and they like sending my package across the US....multiple times before it gets here. My package for 10X3 left Louisville yesterday, got to Orlando at 2 in the mornng today, got to Richmond, BC (45 minute away from here), now it's all the way back at Louisville....

Aug 18, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #3,710 of 10,747
I think....JHA needs to change to another shipper...Fedex is better already...but something even better than that. If onnnnnnly Colissimo exports US...then it would be great. Cause everyone would get their package whether you're across the world or not within 48hrs =)

Aug 18, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #3,713 of 10,747
Yes, I much prefer Fedex to UPS though I do like the UPS guy that comes here, well the Fedex guy is nice here also as is the DHL. Once they get to know you it always seems to make things go better, once to the local carrier but in general DHl and Fedex have been great.

Aug 18, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #3,714 of 10,747
I heard a lot of packages have been delayed lately from all the major carriers because many of them have a maximum of 3-4 drivers per area. Word is there is a new carrier that is installing 6 drivers per area, and as a result its delivery will be much faster. That's certainly music to my ears.

And now we're back on topic.
atsmile.gif

Aug 18, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #3,715 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just heard from Brittany, seems $75 is correct for this service and they have now changed their order form so its not so confusing; at least thats what JH is paying. I think they need to work on the international shipping; because thats way too much, like twice too much. I think we'll find that most of it is because of the carbon fibre case being so big; it might not weigh much, but its pretty large. I certainly wouldnt pay that for it if I had the choice. I doubt i'll even use it TBH. handy for Musos I guess, but cool as it is, not very useful for day to day and not worth pumping the price of shipping up to insane levels for.

Wait if yours and mine and SpudHarris' are all expedited, why did he pay $50 and us $75?

Yeah BTW DHL is great. I sent my impressions out on a Friday afternoon, and JH got them on Monday morning.

Aug 19, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #3,716 of 10,747
Twice, this year, I bought things from China and Japan, and they used EMS which then comes to my door via USPS Express Mail. I bought a Seiko watch from a dealer in Japan. I ordered it on a Wednesday night, their Thursday morning. I paid $23 for express shipping and received it on Friday morning. Approximately 36 hours. It takes longer to mail a letter from NJ to NY.
I paid $35 for my package from China and I received it in 2 business days, and that's including the time difference.

The problem is not overseas (unless you get hit with customs waiting), the problem is in the US.
frown.gif

Aug 19, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #3,717 of 10,747
yeah, ^^ thats a good point. seems everything regarding international shipping that is on that order form is totally meaningless. the words dont mean anything and it seems we all get the same service, but the suckers who will pay more; pay more for the same thing. australia has some of the most expensive shipping in the world and its still much better than this. its really confusing. Brittany claims that they pay $93 and subsidize it to give us $75 or apparently $50 for some, doesnt make any sense to me; the volume you ship (how often and how much) matters, but should never mean you pay this much

anyway matt's right, we should get back on topic, believe me I would rather be listening to them and giving my impressions around now.

Aug 19, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #3,718 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, ^^ thats a good point. seems everything regarding international shipping that is on that order form is totally meaningless. the words dont mean anything and it seems we all get the same service, but the suckers who will pay more; pay more for the same thing. australia has some of the most expensive shipping in the world and its still much better than this. its really confusing. Brittany claims that they pay $93 and subsidize it to give us $75 or apparently $50 for some, doesnt make any sense to me; the volume you ship (how often and how much) matters, but should never mean you pay this much

anyway matt's right, we should get back on topic, believe me I would rather be listening to them and giving my impressions around now.

Ya I ordered on Saturday night and the only option for international was $75.
I am just awaiting my confirmationand then I'll get the rest sorted.

Aug 19, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #3,719 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Twice, this year, I bought things from China and Japan, and they used EMS which then comes to my door via USPS Express Mail. I bought a Seiko watch from a dealer in Japan. I ordered it on a Wednesday night, their Thursday morning. I paid $23 for express shipping and received it on Friday morning. Approximately 36 hours. It takes longer to mail a letter from NJ to NY.
I paid $35 for my package from China and I received it in 2 business days, and that's including the time difference.

The problem is not overseas (unless you get hit with customs waiting), the problem is in the US.
frown.gif

I agree, its very sad. Whenever I order things on ebay from hong kong, I'll get it cheaper and two to three times faster then I get it when I order from the US. Even close to me (like 300km in NJ) And it still takes over a week to get here whereas hong kong is 3 days TOPS.

I have no idea what the hell is going on, but its annoying as all hell.

Aug 19, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #3,720 of 10,747
I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but here goes nothin'....

Yes, I know this is coming from the guy who lives down the road from JH, and yes, understand that shipping isues can be a royal PITA, but I for one would enjoy seeing this thread somehow evolve back into a discussion about what are probably regarded as the best Custom IEM's on the planet, and away from a referendum on and/or bitch session about shipping.

Just sayin....

Now go ahead and let me have it.

Again, I feel your pain, but I see a lot of energy being spent on something that will, in a few days, be a distant memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back