JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Feb 4, 2010 at 3:13 AM Post #7,486 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oomingmak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What benefit does the TWAG cable have over the stock? How much of an improvement do they provide?

Please discuss this in the cable forum.

Feb 4, 2010 at 10:49 AM Post #7,487 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is a question, maybe a daft one, but a question none the less on the fitment side;- Is there any adverse affect to what time of year the ear impressions are done?, as i live in Rainy old England it is winter here (cold one this year) and i was just curious if come hot summer time (cannot come quick enough! lol) if my ears will swell up a bit more and affect the fit slightly to when i say got the impressions done in winter time?

Audiologists neutralise this climatic variable by wearing mittens in the winter and flippers in the summer.

Feb 4, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #7,489 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoogieWoogie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any one tried to run or gym activities with them, is this ok ?

Really not a problem. Though my 64'' cable is a pain in the butt doing that. I too am a bit worried about the moisture.

Ugh This cable.. one month in possession and it starts showing signs of wear (green near the memory) and tangle.

Feb 4, 2010 at 1:47 PM Post #7,491 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did your JH13 give you a perfect fit the first time ?

10th refit and counting! I'm starting to lose hope at this point.
frown.gif

Feb 4, 2010 at 2:57 PM Post #7,494 of 10,747
I'm having trouble getting a good fit in the right ear. I keep getting sores in my right ear canal. The left monitor fits great. JH Audio has been great about trying to make these work, but I think their at a loss for how to fix this. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I really love the sound of these monitors and don't want to give up. To make matters worse, my sensaphonics 2x-s' died on me a couple of weeks ago. The left low end driver failed. So I'm not having the best time at the moment in the headphone dept! At least my hd800's still work. Of course those won't help me on my commute!

Feb 4, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #7,496 of 10,747
500 pages.

[/random]

Feb 4, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #7,497 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope you're not basing these all of of 1 pair of impressions. And if you've sent a few now, change your audiologist!

I've sent in 4 sets of impressions and have had my 2x-s' and e500 custom sleeves scanned. My audiologist is not the problem. I've used him for my 2x-s', my e500 sleeves, my wife's er-4 custom sleeves all with no problems what so ever.

Feb 4, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #7,498 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by wsilvio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've sent in 4 sets of impressions and have had my 2x-s' and e500 custom sleeves scanned. My audiologist is not the problem. I've used him for my 2x-s', my e500 sleeves, my wife's er-4 custom sleeves all with no problems what so ever.

Damn! I'm verging on giving up after two impression and three remakes for custom sleeves. four impression and ten remakes? I would definitely figure that this is just not for you.
frown.gif

Feb 4, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #7,499 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by wsilvio /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It may not be your audiologist, but try another one, it may help. My first impression from my audiologist for UM56 is great fitting but the one for JH13 is not so good on the right side. I reuse the same impression for my SE530 remold and the right side is a little loose too, so it may make sense to try another audiologist before give up on it.

Feb 4, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #7,500 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Audiologists neutralise this climatic variable by wearing mittens in the winter and flippers in the summer.

Long as that procedure stops me from needing more than one refit then i am all for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back