JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Nov 22, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #6,091 of 10,743
OK, so after 4 re-fits I finally have a pair that are almost right! The Left is perfect and the right is almost perfect. They seal really well and sound great. However, the right is slightly irritating my ear canal. I'm giving them a few days to see if the irritation gets better or worse. The right doesn't hurt so much that I can't listen to them, but I find myself fixating on the feeling in my right ear. The Left feels great. Like it's not there!

Nov 22, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #6,092 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oomingmak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Carolina Blue trans? Can they be made without that lettering on the shell that looks like a model number?

Yes, Carolina Blue translucent. I don't think you can get them without the lettering.

Nov 22, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #6,095 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by wsilvio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, so after 4 re-fits I finally have a pair that are almost right! The Left is perfect and the right is almost perfect. They seal really well and sound great. However, the right is slightly irritating my ear canal. I'm giving them a few days to see if the irritation gets better or worse. The right doesn't hurt so much that I can't listen to them, but I find myself fixating on the feeling in my right ear. The Left feels great. Like it's not there!

Lol! Almost there!
smily_headphones1.gif

I hope your right ear gets used to it but at least you're getting closer if it doesn't
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 4:55 AM Post #6,096 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That sucks if its true, cos i have really small ears.

Lol, don't worry about it. My ears are pretty small, too. I'm pretty sure that JHA has a minimum space in which they can work and that if they saw your impressions were smaller than that minimum space, they'd let you know.

Your ears are probably not as small as you think
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #6,097 of 10,743
I think I finally got the end product after almost 3 month. The stem's on my left is shorter but if I get a good seal and perfect sound with the comfort, that is good enough for me and I will settle.

Beside jh13 being the true king of beasts folks at jh audio did make me feel I got my money's worth on this deal.

Nov 22, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #6,098 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I finally got the end product after almost 3 month. The stem's on my left is shorter but if I get a good seal and perfect sound with the comfort, that is good enough for me and I will settle.

Beside jh13 being the true king of beasts folks at jh audio did make me feel I got my money's worth on this deal.

How many refits did u have in the end? Did u have to make new impressions?

Nov 22, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #6,099 of 10,743
When I first got mine, I knew I would never be happy with the way too short, 42" flimsy cord and the lack of memory wire, so I swapped it out with my 60" UE-10 cord.
The only problem is, that without a recessed input section, my UE's come lose and sometimes fall out of the the JH-13's. the first time it happened, I lost my right channel and with a brand new RSA Shadow, it was coincidence, but I lost my right channel at the exact minute I was raising the volume on the digital volume switch. I was amazed that this was my first Ray Samuel's amp failure, only to find that the cable fell out of that side.

Why didn't Jerry recess the port the same as on the UE-10's?
confused_face(1).gif
Was it a value add or a legitimate mechanical reason.
I think I'll place a drop of Locktite between the connector and the housing, being careful, not to get any in the bore or the pin.

Nov 22, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #6,100 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused_face(1).gif

X2. I asked the same thing on the last page.

Nov 22, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #6,101 of 10,743
Quote:

How many refits did u have in the end? Did u have to make new impressions?

I got it worked at my fourth try..
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, I did send in another impressions at last try but to put it bruntly, although the new audiologist helped me fix most of problem, hers wasn't perfect either. I had absolutely no problem with my left side from the start but she made the left impression rather too short. JHA usually adjusts the stems to be even but this time they made the exact replica of my impressions. Well, they sound amazing and acceptably comfortable so no more departure with my jh13.

Nov 22, 2009 at 8:13 AM Post #6,102 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused_face(1).gif

To be honest, I wonder if it wouldn't have been worth coming up with a better connector, such as the one used by Sleek Audio.

in_use_sleek_customs.jpg

Actually, I wish I could customize my customs: JH13 drivers, Sleek Audio cable, Westone heat-sensitive vinyl tips, UM finish, and Fisher Hearing pricing.
tongue.gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 8:21 AM Post #6,103 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, I wish I could customize my customs: JH13 drivers, Sleek Audio cable, Westone heat-sensitive vinyl tips, UM finish, and AlienEars pricing.
tongue.gif

FIXED

Nov 22, 2009 at 9:03 AM Post #6,105 of 10,743
Quote:

That sucks if its true, cos i have really small ears.

Not a significant difference, not like it takes a WHOLE load of air to enable the vents to work. There's not going to be a problem, just stating 'scientific' facts. Trust me, a human isn't going to hear it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back