JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 19, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #3,091 of 3,122
I recently upgraded to Moon Audio Black Dragon v2 after using the stock cable for 6 years. I was blown away by the improvement in sound quality in terms of soundstage, clarity, bass quality, etc... I should have done it sooner . :)

Oct 25, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #3,092 of 3,122
I didn't expect my 6-year-old Angie could sound that good with WM1ZM2. No need for an IEM upgrade! :gs1000smile:
Speaking of upgrades, I'm wondering how many ppl here still hold on to their Angie?

Oct 26, 2022 at 5:37 AM Post #3,093 of 3,122
I didn't expect my 6-year-old Angie could sound that good with WM1ZM2. No need for an IEM upgrade! :gs1000smile:
Speaking of upgrades, I'm wondering how many ppl here still hold on to their Angie?

:ksc75smile:

still commute favorite for me, especially at Airports

Oct 28, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #3,094 of 3,122
I couldn't help but checked JHA's website :sweat_smile:. They have a new flagship called "Sharona" with 16 BA per side. Has anyone here demoed and compared them to Angie? Thanks!

Oct 31, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #3,095 of 3,122
how is bass on angie special edition? can it do full basshead bass or no? reason i ask is usualy ba is inferior to DD for bass and i like some musical music but i like some music want to crank up the bass

Nov 17, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #3,096 of 3,122
Angie.jpg

Nov 17, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #3,097 of 3,122
wow.... looks gorgeous

Nov 17, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #3,099 of 3,122
Sorry if I sound a bit mean, but doesn't the Angie bottleneck your DAP? My Angie 2's were holding back my Astell & Kern SP1000m. After switching to the 64 Audio A18t, it became very clear how much more the SP1000m is capable of. That however, doesn't have to be an issue, as long as you are happy with how the combination sounds, even if the DAP doesn't reach it's full potential.

They do indeed look very nice.:)

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #3,100 of 3,122
Sorry if I sound a bit mean, but doesn't the Angie bottleneck your DAP? My Angie 2's were holding back my Astell & Kern SP1000m. After switching to the 64 Audio A18t, it became very clear how much more the SP1000m is capable of. That however, doesn't have to be an issue, as long as you are happy with how the combination sounds, even if the DAP doesn't reach it's full potential.

That's why I'm expecting Sharona Lol.

Nov 17, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #3,103 of 3,122

In that sense, any IEM that isn't 'at the same level' could be said to bottleneck the DAP. Also, some would say it's up to the DAP to wring out the best from the IEM. You could look at it both ways depending on which you prioritize.

Mar 20, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #3,104 of 3,122
Just got some acoustune Aet07 tips for my Angies and these are definitely the best tips I've used so far... noticeable more micro detail and air. Been listening to my bob Marley albums all over again 😁. Does any one have suggestions for a more modern DAP than the Cayin N5ii I'm currently using. Love the synergy but the UI is too old and slow

Mar 20, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #3,105 of 3,122
Just got some acoustune Aet07 tips for my Angies and these are definitely the best tips I've used so far... noticeable more micro detail and air. Been listening to my bob Marley albums all over again 😁. Does any one have suggestions for a more modern DAP than the Cayin N5ii I'm currently using. Love the synergy but the UI is too old and slow
Astell & Kern DAPs tend to have really good synergy with JH audio IEMs. Here i'm using my SP1000m with my Angie II. Admittedly an SP1000m is overkill for the Angies, as it cannot extract the maximum SQ out of the SP1000m. That is where my 64 Audio A18t CIEM comes in.:wink:

A few years ago (more like 4 by this point), Astell & Kern even colaborated with JH audio to tune their DAPs specically for those IEMs. The result is almost perfect synergy with the Angies. This probably applies to more modern and lower end Astell & Kern DAPs as well. A&K DAPs tend to be a bit limited in terms of what can be installed onto them, they run a modified version of Android, with an app whitelist. They are very fast and build really well. They sure are expensive but well worth it IMO.

If you are looking for something a bit more reasonably priced, take a look at the high end offerings from FiiO. Their old X7 mk2 paired really well with the Angies, I've used that combination for years on end before finally get the SP1000m.:) My reason for upgrading was getting the 64 Audio A18t, but extracting maximum SQ out of the Angies was a nice side effect.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back