JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 19, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #2,611 of 3,122
I tried reversing the tips - no difference in sound, not muffled either way, but reversed was not comfortable. We all have different shaped ears of course. I'm down closer to 12:30 on bass now. I can't imagine running it at over 3 though, that's a lot of bass. I do find it hard to believe that zero on the bass control is a flat neutral sound signature - I'm no bass head, but that seems very bass light to me.

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #2,612 of 3,122
  With reversed comply TS500 (to avoid the usual muffled sound by foam tips) 12h it's enough for me.

Nice. Do you think that will work with the stock foam tips that came with Angie (II) ? I prefer silicon because they give me a more defined bass.

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #2,613 of 3,122

Nice. Do you think that will work with the stock foam tips that came with Angie (II) ? I prefer silicon because they give me a more defined bass.

None of the silicone tips I tried with the Angie gave me enough isolation and bass, so I had to use the comply TS500 large or the foam included with the angie, but the problem with foam tips is that when you press them in your ears part of the foam surrouns the aperture and reduces the highs. you can see on the reversed one the difference, the nozzle stays clear and you still get the benefits of a perfect seal and secure fit. I usually use silicone big ones, on the RE600 I use the biflange that are very big.

The one I am pinching with my fingers is normal, the other reversed

Jan 19, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #2,614 of 3,122

None of the silicone tips I tried with the Angie gave me enough isolation and bass, so I had to use the comply TS500 large or the foam included with the angie, but the problem with foam tips is that when you press them in your ears part of the foam surrouns the aperture and reduces the highs. you can see on the reversed one the difference, the nozzle stays clear and you still get the benefits of a perfect seal and secure fit. I usually use silicone big ones, on the RE600 I use the biflange that are very big.

The one I am pinching with my fingers is normal, the other reversed

Thanks mate for your time and feedback!

I am using the JVC spiral dots, they also leave the bore free (clearly seen on my avatar picture).
Will try later at home with foams reversed.

Regards

Jan 19, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #2,615 of 3,122
I've tried a bunch of silicone rips, including the spin fits. I like that they go in easily, not so keen on the pressure they create, but I find foam tips give a better defined and deeper bass. I'm on small comply comforts.

Jan 19, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #2,616 of 3,122
I'm back up to 1 o'clock. It's just more fun sounding. :)

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #2,617 of 3,122

Thanks mate for your time and feedback!

I am using the JVC spiral dots, they also leave the bore free (clearly seen on my avatar picture).
Will try later at home with foams reversed.

Regards

Does the spiral Dot tight fit on the bore of the angie? Thanks

Jan 20, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #2,618 of 3,122
Yes, but I would suggest gently twisting them when removing them, as I've had one stay in my ear (easy to remove).  Just don't pull them straight out.  

Jan 20, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #2,619 of 3,122
  Does the spiral Dot tight fit on the bore of the angie? Thanks

Yes, like @olddude said above, once in a while if you pull them straight and quick they can get out of the bore. When it happens I use a paper tissue rolled on fingers and dry very well the bore inside the spiral dots. JVC spirals are shorter than the stock and other tips so Angie bore gets very exposed and subject to wax, humidity - forum member @PinkyPowers suggested cutting a small ring from an old silicon tip as a spacer and it worked perfect for me, the tips top at 1-2mm from the bore.

Regards

Jan 20, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #2,620 of 3,122
I switched from the spiral dots to the spinfits.  The hole may be a bit smaller, but I had a constant problem of them slipping off the tip and getting lost in ear or pocket.  Large in left, medium in right.
With stock cord, 1:00.  With Silverdragon, 3:00.  Clearer highs in the SD gave me more room with the bass pots.

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #2,621 of 3,122
Im looking to get a set of custom Angies and actually auditioned the universals. My issue was with the thickness and shortness of the cables.
Anyone here upgraded/bought 64in cables or the Moon audio cables.

[Edit: Saw this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/765867/jh-audio-angie-impressions-and-discussion-thread/1320#post_12210706 ]

I am interested in a side-by-side pic of the AngieII and a custom Angie as well.

J

Feb 6, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #2,622 of 3,122
I've got the longer cables with my customs. They're longer. Lol. After sending my shattered ear back for repairs last year (dropped out on the gig), they returned it with the new cable from Angie ii. It's thinner and more flexible.

Feb 6, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #2,623 of 3,122
  Im looking to get a set of custom Angies and actually auditioned the universals. My issue was with the thickness and shortness of the cables.
Anyone here upgraded/bought 64in cables or the Moon audio cables.

[Edit: Saw this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/765867/jh-audio-angie-impressions-and-discussion-thread/1320#post_12210706 ]

I am interested in a side-by-side pic of the AngieII and a custom Angie as well.

J

I bought the MoonAudio SilverDragon.  Thinner and flexible and no microphonics.  Treble opened up to be really clear, causing me to set my pots to 3:00.

Feb 7, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #2,624 of 3,122
I too have Silver Dragon v2.  Pots at 1:30 or so.  With my AK240SS, I finally have a setup with the brightness I want AND the timbre (warmth) I want as well.  Great cable, not thick, not heavy, no microphonics.  Just expensive.  

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #2,625 of 3,122
Lol, just expensive, I just bought the black Dragon v2 from Moon Audio. Looking forward to what this does to the SQ of my Angie II.
If the Black Dragon doesn't provide what I'm looking for, I'll swap them out for the Silver ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back