jeezz...what is this annoying sound??? is it my headphones fault or the recording??
Jun 30, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #16 of 17
I hate it when I find flaws in recordings, so I'll give this one a listen..even though I've been trying to avoid Katy Perry for some reason.
My M50 should be perfect for this test. So here I go!
Let's see..or hear, rather. I hear some simplistic synthesized beats, but they're quite light. These are actually some very soft kicks. The problem with kicks though, is that they tend to range from 50hz-350hz simultaneously. And judging by the HD 598's frequency response, your cans have a slight high bass/low mid emphasis. Maybe that's why the kicks are so prominent. Hmm..

You should try a parametric EQ. Check out this thread^^! (But I'm not sure if you can get a parametric EQ on your Nexus, sadly.)
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/413900/how-to-equalize-your-headphones-a-tutorial

Jun 30, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #17 of 17
I just received my HD 598's a week ago and have noticed lots of subtle things in recordings that I couldn't pick up before. It is possible they are defective but most likely you are used to the apple headphones which I find terrible and tend to blow quite often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back